Accumulator type DCO

Joined
Aug 26, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I study about ADPLL now, I found that DCO uses Accumulator can generate exactly the f(DCO) by using the adder N-bits to add the K number at every rising clock of high frequecy fs. Following formula is used to caculate:
f(DCO) = fs x K / 2^N
Can anyone pls explain me:
1) how they generate this formula?
2) the number K added into adder at every rising clock in order to decrease the frequency. How does accumulator make it possible to generate fDCO lower than fs?

Thanks in advance.

Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Direct Frequency Synthesis

If you Google direct frequency synthesis you will find a large body of information that will surely answer your question.