ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider - Server Application Unavailable

zeplynne

Having trouble using ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider with one specific
website. When attempting to login to the site, after a long period of time
(about 2 - 3 minutes), "Server Application Unavailable" message is returned.
If I switch the provider back to SQLServer everything works fine.

If I create a new simple Web Application and just add a Login.aspx page and
Default.aspx page, and nothing else, and add a Login Control everything
works fine. I successfully receive a formsauthentication ticket, etc.. I
setup up the web.config file to use the ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider
and set the appropriate AD connection string (the same string in the first
app used) and everything is fine.

Differences between the two:
The app that does not work uses a SqlRoleProvider, AzMan and
SqlPersonlization.

Could using any of these cause the problem and error message returned? Has
anyone else had any issues connecting a large or complex website with AD
using the ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider?

Thanks in advance.
Steve

References Used:
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/02/24/438953.aspx