ASP.NET 2.0 - "Server Application Unavailable"

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by SpaceMarine, Feb 15, 2008.

  1. SpaceMarine

    SpaceMarine Guest

    hello,

    i know this is a common error, and i intend to research it next, but i
    thought id drop in here first.

    when i run my ASP.NET project from VS.NET 2005's internal, debug web
    server, it works fine. like so:

    http://localhost:4943/1.0/

    but when i run it from the site i setup in IIS (http://localhost/), i
    get the Big Red Error;

    Server Application Unavailable

    ....is there a quick, common config setting or fix to get it working
    properly in IIS?

    thanks!
    sm
    SpaceMarine, Feb 15, 2008

  2. SpaceMarine

    tian Guest

    That's a typical problem in IIS.
    Just check your asp.net version in IIS.
    When your application version is asp.net 2.0 and your web server is asp.net
    1.1 or 1.0.
    This phenomena come out!

    tian, Feb 15, 2008

  3. SpaceMarine

    Sachin Saki Guest

    Go to IIS -> Default Web Site -> Right Click on your web site virtual
    directory
    and On ASP.NET tab check the .NET Framework Version. It must be 2.0.xxxxx

    Thanks
    Sachin Saki

    Sachin Saki, Feb 15, 2008
  4. SpaceMarine

    SpaceMarine Guest

    On Feb 15, 11:35 am, "tian" <> wrote:
    > That's a typical problem in IIS.
    > Just check your asp.net version in IIS.
    > When your application version is asp.net 2.0 and your web server is asp.net
    > 1.1 or 1.0.
    > This phenomena come out!

    i should have mentioned... my IIS is set to 2.0.50727, so it isnt
    that.

    im also using the 3rd-pary IISAdmin utility to server multiple root
    sites off of Windows XP, but it isnt that because i believe ive run
    other 2.0 sites right along 1.0 sites with it.

    still trying to figure out.

    sm
    SpaceMarine, Feb 15, 2008
  5. SpaceMarine

    SpaceMarine Guest

    found the fix. had to run this:

    aspnet_regiis -ga aspnet

    ....which granted IIS metadata access to the ASPNET account.

    woot!

    thanks,
    sm
    SpaceMarine, Feb 15, 2008
  6. SpaceMarine

    tian Guest

    "aspnet_regiis -ga aspnet" is a way to register your current version to your
    IIS!

    tian, Feb 16, 2008
  7. SpaceMarine

    SpaceMarine Guest

    On Feb 15, 8:26 pm, "tian" <> wrote:
    > "aspnet_regiis -ga aspnet" is a way to register your current version to your
    > IIS!
    >
    > "SpaceMarine" <> ????news:...
    >
    > > found the fix. had to run this:

    > > aspnet_regiis -ga aspnet

    > > ...which granted IIS metadata access to the ASPNET account.

    ....i dont think so, not exactly. read the help documentation on the
    flags. "-ga" is for Granting Access to iss' metadata for a user
    ("aspnet" user).
    SpaceMarine, Feb 16, 2008