add enclosure to e-mail message in html

Patrick Steeno

Does anyone know how to automatically add a pdf document into an e-mail
message in html ?
Thanks for yr help.

Andrew Thompson

Patrick Steeno said:
Does anyone know how to automatically add a pdf document into an e-mail
message in html ?
Thanks for yr help.

Roedy's answer addressed the situation where the
internet _surfer_ wanted to send an email, but I read
your question differently.

I thought you wanted to know how to send email's
generated _by the server_ (perhaps to the aforementioned
surfer)

The two are rather different situations.
Could you clarify?

Patrick Steeno

The PDF documents are on a local intranet server. So these can be shown on
screen and printed, but cannot be sent by e-mail. So, I was looking for an
"easy" solution to combine mailto: command - so that outlook opens - and
sort of automatic attachment of the respective pdf document, rather than
printing the document and sending it by regular mail.

Thanks for any help.

Roedy Green

The PDF documents are on a local intranet server. So these can be shown on
screen and printed, but cannot be sent by e-mail. So, I was looking for an
"easy" solution to combine mailto: command - so that outlook opens - and
sort of automatic attachment of the respective pdf document, rather than
printing the document and sending it by regular mail.

You can generate JavaMail messages with either URLs in the bodies to
the PDF or adding the PDFs at attachments.

Check into JavaMail. It is not that hard.