Add invisible comments to asp.net page in VS2005

walanta

Hi,
Anyone know how I can add some invisible comments onto asp.net page
during development in VS2005 so I remember to make more changes the
next time I go check the code?

I want to be able to see it in design view, like a quick note.
If it has to be shown in source view, that's fine too.

Any suggestion?

Guest

<!--HTML Comments are of course, just fine -->

but, you already have the Task List where you can create a custom task and
it will source-up with the location in the class when you click it.

e.g.

///TODO: Learn how to add custom Task list items

Peter

Edwin Knoppert

If you use c# you'll see the /// summary stuff when you create a class.
In VB you can do a similar thing.
Just type /// and if possible the IDE will insert a summary part for you.
maybe you can extend it to your needs.

Rob Meade

///TODO: Learn how to add custom Task list items

Can you plonk those in the HTML/source view though? Presumably you'd have
to plonk inline ASP tags around it or something?

<%

' TODO: like this?

%>

I've only ever used this approach in my code behind/classes to be honest..

Rob