Adding a Data Layer Class Problem

Lance

I am trying to add a new Data Layer Class in Visual Studio Express.
Just a heads up, but I am new to this technology. In the tutorial I am
using, it gives these instructions:

"2. In the TableAdapter Configuration Wizard click Next twice. In the
Enter a SQL Statement step, enter the SELECT statement you used in the
previous lessons: "SELECT [au_id], [au_lname], [au_fname], [phone],
[address], [city], [state], [zip], [contract] FROM [authors] WHERE
([state] = @state)". Click Next. You will notice that all options are
selected. Click Next. Click Finish. Press CTRL+S to save the changes.
(The AuthorsDataSetTableAdapters namespace is not available until you
do so.) You should see the following in the Design window."

Here is the URL to the tutorial:
http://www.asp.net/guidedtour/default.aspx

The problem i am having the SELECT statement is not showing.

If some one could point me to why or possible causes the previous
SELECT statement is not showing in the TableAdapter Configuration
wizard, it would be appreciated.