Adding virtual directories to Setup project

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Chris Newby, Oct 26, 2005.

  1. Chris Newby

    Chris Newby Guest

    I have created a standard VS 2003 setup project (not the Web Setup project)
    that installs an Asp.Net application. In addition to this, I would like the
    setup to also create a few other virtual directories mapped to physical
    directories specified by the user of the setup package.

    As of now, I have written a VB Script that can create the virtual
    directories I need, however I don't know of an easy way to pass information
    from the setup package to the script. In my case, the user executing the
    setup package would specify a physical path using one of the setup projects
    dialogues and then that path would somehow be used by the script.

    I know how to read arguments to the script if it is invoked using wscript:
    e.g. wScript.Arguments( 0 )

    but how should I best invoke the script and pass it arguments from the setup
    package?

    Also, is using a VB Script for this requirment the best way?

    TIA//

    Chris Newby, Oct 26, 2005

  2. Chris Newby

    Remy Guest