Address Book

Ujjwol लामिछाने[UNIX]

Does anybody provide link/program for:
a simple address book that asks to enter name, address , phone etc and
stored in a fixed length text file and allows to edit, delete and view
records.
and use standard ansi codes(making cross-platform)
please i wanna learn c as i get all idea i need to do my project form
this small help
please
please

Dan

Ujjwol ???????? said:
Does anybody provide link/program for:
a simple address book that asks to enter name, address , phone etc and
stored in a fixed length text file and allows to edit, delete and view
records.
and use standard ansi codes(making cross-platform)
please i wanna learn c as i get all idea i need to do my project form
this small help
please
please

Wow, I had the exact same program as an assignment in uni

Rui Maciel

Does anybody provide link/program for: a simple address book that asks
to enter name, address , phone etc and stored in a fixed length text
file and allows to edit, delete and view records. and use standard ansi
codes(making cross-platform) please i wanna learn c as i get all idea i
need to do my project form this small help

This sounds an awful lot like a class assignment. Is it?

Rui Maciel

Ujjwol लामिछाने[UNIX]

Hi,
Dan then where is your assignment..

Ujjwol लामिछाने[UNIX]

i looked at abook but it is very complex many files
isn;t there with only one main c file....
and i don't think abook uses textfile

Antoninus Twink

i looked at abook but it is very complex many files isn;t there with
only one main c file....

It may be complex, but learning how to use it will certainly repay the
effort, especially if you can figure out how to integrate it into your
MUA - Google probably knows.
and i don't think abook uses textfile

You're mistaken. You'll probably find it in ~/.abook/addressbook