ADO.Net Data Services (Astoria) - Security?

Rory Becker

Does anyone have any links to information regarding the security of ADO.Net
Data Services (Astoria)?

How to close down access to given areas?
How to default to no access and open up access needed?
Role based access?

Anything like that?

Thanks in advance

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi Rory,

As for the Data Service framework, so far I think there is still limited
resource on security part, most of the referece are specfic to the core
service.

http://www.asp.net/downloads/3.5-SP1/default.aspx

IMO, the security model will still quite rely on the existing ASP.NET http
based security.

BTW, you can also look for some info from the Astoria project's team blog:

#Astoria project team blog:
http://blogs.msdn.com/astoriateam/archive/2008/02/13/atompub-support-in-the-
ado-net-data-services-framework.aspx

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

suggestions about how we

can improve the support we provide to you. Please feel free to let my
manager know what you think of

the level of service provided. You can send feedback directly to my manager
at: (e-mail address removed).

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 07:43:59 +0000 (UTC)
From: Rory Becker <[email protected]>
Subject: ADO.Net Data Services (Astoria) - Security?