[ADV] Nw version of the TextMate book is available

Dave Thomas

Folks:

I've uploaded the B1.02 version of Jame Edward Gray II's TextMate
book.

The first beta release covered all you need to know to build and
make use of TextMate's automations. This second beta goes back
to the basics of TextMate usage.

Three new chapters are added covering Projects, Power Editing, and
Regular Expressions. There's a ton of information packed into
those simple titles, including everything you need to know about
moving through files like a pro, the full suite of TextMate's search
tools, and some clever uses of the mate command-line tool. As usual,
there's plenty of coverage of undocumented and lesser known features.

Update your beta copies and dive even deeper into the manual
of TextMate voodoo.

As usual, the update is available for free from

http://books.pragprog.com/titles/textmate/reorder

Enter just two of the three pieces of information to identify your PDF.
I recommend using your order number and your email address, as these
tend to be be the most consistent.

Leslie Viljoen

Folks:

I've uploaded the B1.02 version of Jame Edward Gray II's TextMate
book.

The first beta release covered all you need to know to build and
make use of TextMate's automations. This second beta goes back
to the basics of TextMate usage.

I got to use Textmate over the weekend for the first time. I *wish*
there was something like this ported to Windows or Linux.

James Edward Gray II

I've uploaded the B1.02 version of Jame Edward Gray II's TextMate
book.

Tsk, Tsk, Dave. The very first snippet I build in the book fixes
this exact typo. You better start reading my friend. ;)

James Edward Gray II (typed by TextMate)

Gabe McArthur

OK, I'll bite: What has Textmate got that Vi or Emacs lack? The screen
shots on the web site look beautiful... Is that basically the value add?
Simplicity + Elegance = Power
I like to think of it as a little bit of Ruby (convention over
configuration) and a little bit of Unix (do one thing and do it well).
I like vim, especially the new 7.0 version (the moded thing can annoy
me, though); emacs is ok (the 'learn a new, domain specific language so
that you can understand how to edit text' bothers me a bit).
Really, TextMate just edits text. No more, no less (ok, with version
control, a little more). And with powerful completion, highlighting,
and shortcuts, it makes easy things quick and the hard things bearable.