    browsers that do not support Ajax or have Java disabled?

    Thanks.

    Steve

    Uriah Piddle, Aug 3, 2007

  2. "Uriah Piddle" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > If you incorporate Ajax into your web app, what is the best way to handle
    > browsers that do not support Ajax or have Java disabled?

    I usually use <root>default.aspx for this sort of initial checking - not
    just for JavaScript being disabled, but also for old versions of browsers,
    low screen resolution etc...

    As regards JavaScript specifically, I just use the <noscript> tag to display
    a message saying that the site requires JavaScript...

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Aug 3, 2007

  3. Uriah Piddle

    Uriah Piddle Guest

    Thanks Mark. That is what I was looking for.

    Uriah Piddle, Aug 3, 2007