Handling errors in ASP.NET AJAX

Guest

Hi misters,

I have an application web ASP.NET 2.0 using ASP.NET AJAX and Ajax Control
Toolkit.

We need handles errors of AJAX, and I want have only one method that handles
those errors (like if I had a Application_error method or a
AppDomain.CurrentDomain.UnhandledException event), a global way for handles
error of Ajax.

What is the best global way for handler AJAX errors ?

Any help will be appreciated, and I'll be very grateful. Thanks in advance.
Greetings, regards.

Guest

Hello,

Mmm... for client side errors:

- ScriptManager has an event for that case in Javascript (you could place
it on your master page maybe). By using that you can convert the error to a
friendly message for the final user.

- Calls to webservices has as well a method for failure.

For server side errors, take a look at the section "Handling Errors":

http://www.asp.net/AJAX/Documentation/Live/overview/ScriptManagerOverview.aspx

Good luck
Braulio

/// Braulio Diez