    Where can I look for any possible issue?

    Thanks.

    Daniel

    Daniel, Oct 20, 2008

  2. Hi Daniel,

    Are you using the following code?
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/c/9/2c94e6e4-478c-4853-92b0-2a7f6c4
    b6b60/CS-Devices-AspNetAjaxForWinMobile_cs.zip

    I've tested it on my side. It works fine. When you run it in IE can you see
    the JS errors?

    If it still doesn't work please tell me the error description.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    .

    http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance&ln=en-us.

    --------------------

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Oct 20, 2008

  3. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Thanks Allen,

    It's still not working properly at my side. Most of the time, selecting the
    items in the combo box doesn't produce any feedback in the upper lable and
    sometimes after clicking the button, it pops up with error
    Line 5 Character:9340
    Error: '__EVENTTARGET is null or not an object
    Source:(null)
    Please help investigate. Thanks!

    Daniel

    Daniel, Oct 21, 2008
  4. Hi Daniel,

    Thanks for the information. To investigate this issue, firstly, could you
    confirm that you're using the same code as mine?

    Quote from Daniel ==================================================
    Most of the time, selecting the
    items in the combo box doesn't produce any feedback in the upper lable

    Sometimes when the server is busy we need to wait several seconds to see
    the update of the page. Could you double check it to make sure there's no
    update?

    Quote from Daniel ==================================================
    sometimes after clicking the button, it pops up with error
    Line 5 Character:9340
    Error: '__EVENTTARGET is null or not an object
    Source:(null)
    Please help investigate. Thanks!
    Quote ==================================================

    Does it happen only when using the emulator? When you use IE to view the
    page will you see the same error?

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    --------------------

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Oct 21, 2008
  5. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Hi Allen,

    Yes, I'm using the exact same bit of code as your url.
    Sometime the label does get updated but most of the time, no response for at
    least dozens of seconds.
    I only have the enulator and the error doesn't happen all the time. Looks
    like after I have clicked other controls then come to the button, the error
    comes.
    In desktop IE, everything works fine.

    Many thanks.

    Daniel

    Daniel, Oct 21, 2008
  6. Hi Daniel,

    Thanks for the clarification. However, I spent couple of hours trying to
    repro it on my side but could not see the behavior as you described. My
    environment is:

    " Windows XP SP2 (one machine as the server and running the Windows Mobile
    Emulator)
    " IIS 5.1
    " ASP.NET 2.0.50727
    " Tested on both Windows Mobile 6 Standard Emulator and Windows Mobile 6
    Professional Emulator

    Could you provide your environment so that I can try to set up the same one
    to repro?

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    --------------------
    | From: =?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?= <>
    | Subject: RE: Ajax on Windows Mobile 6
    | Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 21:21:00 -0700
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    |
    | Hi Allen,
    |
    | Yes, I'm using the exact same bit of code as your url.
    | Sometime the label does get updated but most of the time, no response for
    at
    | least dozens of seconds.
    | I only have the enulator and the error doesn't happen all the time. Looks
    | like after I have clicked other controls then come to the button, the
    error
    | comes.
    | In desktop IE, everything works fine.
    |
    | Many thanks.
    |
    | Daniel
    |

    | "Allen Chen [MSFT]" wrote:
    |
    | > Hi Daniel,
    | >
    | > Thanks for the information. To investigate this issue, firstly, could
    you
    | > confirm that you're using the same code as mine?

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/c/9/2c94e6e4-478c-4853-92b0-2a7f6c4
    | > b6b60/CS-Devices-AspNetAjaxForWinMobile_cs.zip
    | >
    | > Quote from Daniel ==================================================
    | > Most of the time, selecting the
    | > items in the combo box doesn't produce any feedback in the upper lable
    | > ==================================================
    | >
    | > Sometimes when the server is busy we need to wait several seconds to
    see
    | > the update of the page. Could you double check it to make sure there's
    no
    | > update?
    | >
    | > Quote from Daniel ==================================================
    | > sometimes after clicking the button, it pops up with error
    | > Line 5 Character:9340
    | > Error: '__EVENTTARGET is null or not an object
    | > Source:(null)
    | > Please help investigate. Thanks!
    | > Quote ==================================================
    | >
    | > Does it happen only when using the emulator? When you use IE to view
    the
    | > page will you see the same error?
    | >
    | > Regards,
    | > Allen Chen
    | > Microsoft Online Support
    | >
    | > --------------------
    | > | From: =?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?= <>
    | > | Subject: RE: Ajax on Windows Mobile 6
    | > | Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 19:04:01 -0700
    | > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    | > |
    | > | Thanks Allen,
    | > |
    | > | It's still not working properly at my side. Most of the time,
    selecting
    | > the
    | > | items in the combo box doesn't produce any feedback in the upper
    lable
    | > and
    | > | sometimes after clicking the button, it pops up with error
    | > | Line 5 Character:9340
    | > | Error: '__EVENTTARGET is null or not an object
    | > | Source:(null)
    | > | Please help investigate. Thanks!
    | > |
    | > |
    | > | Daniel
    | > |
    | > |

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Oct 21, 2008
  7. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Hi Allen,

    I'm working on the same environment as yours except I'm SP3. After attaching
    Visual Studio to the ASPNET working process, I found that sometimes the
    client click will not trigger the server code. It looks like the client
    postback doesn't occur or doesn't make to the server side.

    Thanks.

    Daniel

    Daniel, Oct 21, 2008
  8. Hi Daniel,

    I still cannot reproduce this problem on my side. I would suggest you
    contact CSS for incident based support:

    http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance&ln=en-us

    Our dedicated support engineer will work with you to investigate this issue.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    --------------------

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Oct 22, 2008
  9. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Thanks Allen.

    Daniel, Oct 22, 2008
  10. Daniel

    me Guest

    Hello,

    I get the same error message

    "Line 5 Character:9340
    Error: '__EVENTTARGET is null or not an object
    Source:(null)"

    with

    Microsoft Device Emulator, Windows Mobile 6.1.

    Server: .NET Framework 3.5 SP1

    I hadn't this error with .NET Framework 2.0. Therefore I conclude that
    ASP.NET AJAX has changed from version 2.0 to 3.5 SP1 and now this error
    occurs with IEMobile.

    I seems that sometimes no Ajax calls are send to the server on button clicks
    or dropdown onchange events respective that the callback is not computed and
    the partial page rendering is not performed.

    me, Nov 12, 2008