AJAX Search

David

Hi all,

One of my apps, I am hoping to use an AJAX search type of system. I have
seen this one a few times
http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/AutoComplete/AutoComplete.aspx
but it calls a webservice. That in itself may not be too much of an issue,
but may cause problems later.

My search is strictly limited. It will search a series of job numbers. In
the return list, I want to display the potential job numbers and also a
little detail of the job. Then, when I select a job, I want all the
remaining details on my form filled in, without having to click a go button,
all from this search.

I would prefer to do partial page calls rather than webservice calls. Is
that possible? Also, is it possible to do what I describe with the current
auto-complete extender or will I have to 'roll my own'? I will carry on
working with it to see what it can do, but from watching the video, it looks
like it just returns one item which is possibly the start to a search, which
is not really what I want.

--
Best regards,
Dave Colliver.