Alert - Align right

Stuart Palmer

Hi everyone,
I am doing a page for an Israeli customer and doing a form validator
with a javascript alert popup for errors listing the fields missed, line by
line.

When this pops up the text is aligned to the left left, however in
Israel, Hebrew text is right and read right to left, so should be aligned
right.

Is there a way to do this? Can someone supply me the code if it is
doable? Perhaps with style sheets or similar? Is it browser version
dependant? IE it should work for Israeli clients?

Many thx
Stu

Martin Honnen

Stuart Palmer wrote:

I am doing a page for an Israeli customer and doing a form validator
with a javascript alert popup for errors listing the fields missed, line by
line.

When this pops up the text is aligned to the left left, however in
Israel, Hebrew text is right and read right to left, so should be aligned
right.

Is there a way to do this? Can someone supply me the code if it is
doable? Perhaps with style sheets or similar? Is it browser version
dependant? IE it should work for Israeli clients?

At least with MSIE/Win you could use
showModalDialog('dialog.html')
instead of alert and then in dialog.html make sure you use the HTML
techniques (lang, dir) so that the Hebrew text is displayed properly.
Documentation for showModalDialog is here:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...r/dhtml/reference/methods/showmodaldialog.asp>

I don't know if any browser displays alert or prompt or confirm
differently depending on the lang/dir settings for the HTML page the
dialogs are called from.