    dependant? IE it should work for Israeli clients?

    Many thx
    Stu

    Stuart Palmer, Feb 17, 2005

  2. Stuart Palmer wrote:

    > I am doing a page for an Israeli customer and doing a form validator
    > with a javascript alert popup for errors listing the fields missed, line by
    > line.
    >
    > When this pops up the text is aligned to the left left, however in
    > Israel, Hebrew text is right and read right to left, so should be aligned
    > right.
    >
    > Is there a way to do this? Can someone supply me the code if it is
    > doable? Perhaps with style sheets or similar? Is it browser version
    > dependant? IE it should work for Israeli clients?

    At least with MSIE/Win you could use
    showModalDialog('dialog.html')
    instead of alert and then in dialog.html make sure you use the HTML
    techniques (lang, dir) so that the Hebrew text is displayed properly.
    Documentation for showModalDialog is here:
    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/methods/showmodaldialog.asp>

    I don't know if any browser displays alert or prompt or confirm
    differently depending on the lang/dir settings for the HTML page the
    dialogs are called from.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/