All in one Ruby - HELP!

Guilherme Iscaro

Hey guys!

im trying to run my Ruby scripts in a computer that havent got the Ruby
interpreter, and my script use a GUI based on GTK. to make this
standalone ruby im using All in One Ruby. but the GTK libs and stuff are
not in the package. what shoud i do?
thanks

Marvin Gülker

Guilherme said:
Hey guys!

im trying to run my Ruby scripts in a computer that havent got the Ruby
interpreter, and my script use a GUI based on GTK. to make this
standalone ruby im using All in One Ruby. but the GTK libs and stuff are
not in the package. what shoud i do?
thanks

I don't know All in one Ruby, but I think it makes your script into an
executable file? What OS are you aiming for? If it's Windows you could
try Ocra, that includes libraries just fine (search for it on
RubyForge).
GTK libs and stuff
The Ruby bindings or GTK itself? If it's enough to include some DLL
files, Ocra should be able to do that, too.

Marvin

Guilherme Iscaro

Guilherme said:
THank you Marvin, you helped me a lot

About the GTk, i dont know...
i just want to be able to "compile" the ruby script and run my program
with GTK
i can do the same with Tk?
how i include the DLL ?
thank you

Marvin Gülker

Guilherme said:
About the GTk, i dont know...
i just want to be able to "compile" the ruby script and run my program
with GTK
i can do the same with Tk?
how i include the DLL ?
thank you

After you've installed ocra (gem install ocra) type
---------------------------------
ocra --help
---------------------------------
and look for the option to include DLL files (I don't have a Windows
system to test at the moment and can't remember the option's name).
Then, copy your DLL file to your Ruby installation's bin subdirectory.
Finally, rename your rubyscript to have the file extension .rbw instead
of .rb - that avoids the console window. Note that every #puts and #p
now will crash your program unless you redirect $stdout and $stderr to a
file. I highly recommand this, because otherwise you won't be able to
read error messages when your program doesn't run as you intend.

Marnen Laibow-Koser

Guilherme said:
About the GTk, i dont know...
i just want to be able to "compile" the ruby script and run my program
with GTK
i can do the same with Tk?
how i include the DLL ?
thank you

You might want to use JRuby instead, and compile the whole thing into a
Java app.

Best,

Guilherme Iscaro

Marnen said:
You might want to use JRuby instead, and compile the whole thing into a
Java app.

Best,

It's better than use Ocra?
but i still need a Java interpreter right?