    isn't dorable, but just want to get some experts' opinions.
    --
    Betty

    c676228, Nov 21, 2006

  2. Hello Betty,

    Do you need to upload the file just once, or every user need to upload his
    file? Here is an article about how to upload a file in ASP applicaiton:

    How to upload files to a Web server by using ASP

    It use an ActiveX control which can easy be created in Visual Basic 6.0.

    (If you need solution with ASP.NET, you may refer to:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323246)

    After you upload the excel file onto the server, you may retrieve the data
    from it with JET:

    cnn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
    "Data Source=c:\somepath\ExcelFile.xls;" & _
    "Extended Properties=""Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes;"";"

    How To Query and Update Excel Data Using ADO From ASP

    Sincerely,

    Luke Zhang

    Microsoft Online Community Support
    ications.

    Luke Zhang [MSFT], Nov 21, 2006

  3. c676228

    c676228 Guest

    Hi Luke,
    Every user needs to upload his own file. But remember, it is not internal
    user, it's internet user. It doesn't mention anything like dealing with any
    possible mallicious files. Just wondering?
    --
    Betty

    c676228, Nov 21, 2006
  4. Hello Betty,

    This solution (KB299692) also works for a internet application. And, when
    we access an Excel file with Jet and ADO, only data in the Excel will be
    retrieved. Marco and script won't be executed on the server side. And, once
    it found it was a invalid Excel file, it will generate exception.

    Luke Zhang [MSFT], Nov 21, 2006