AllowPaging Rows & Columns for a DataGrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by matchbx, Jan 11, 2005.

  1. matchbx

    matchbx Guest

    What is the best way to implement custom RowPaging and ColumnPaging on a
    DataGrid?

    Background Information:

    I have a datatable that is built manually (looping through code). I build a
    DataGrid with a dynamic number of columns containing bound checkboxes (could
    be 5 could be 100 columns). Everything is bound and working properly
    (including javascript postbacks on the checkbox onclick event).

    Paging Rows is not a problem that works fine setting the AllowPaging
    property in the IDE. But when I comes to implementing Column Paging, well
    it's a bit tricky.

    I attempted to implement ColumnPaging by setting certain checkbox template
    columns Visbile property to true or false. This appear to work but fails when
    you navigate to the next set of Rows (it reverts back to the first 5 or so
    columns). In other words you can't navigate to Row Page 3 and Column Page 2.

    Any Suggestions would be great.

    matchbx, Jan 11, 2005