alt vs title in explorer 7 & firefox

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Somehow the idea of a connection between you and any rational state of
balance never occurred to me.

I suspected as much. But when I get a sample of your brain, I
will know more about why. You pass over too quickly my
applications of Aristotle, the master of the subject of balance.

Anyway, Boji, I can see we are not getting on well at the moment.
Perhaps you would care to slip into something comfortable for me.
For example, a coma.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 21:25:37
GMT Ben C scribed:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 11 Jul 2007
08:50:23 GMT Blinky the Shark scribed: [...]
Uh, you remember what happened to your albino cousin in "Jaws", don't
you? There was fish goulash all along the New Jersey coast. Tasty,
too. Ergo, you may find it behooves you not to mess with your
evolutionary superiors.

Sharks don't really have evolutionary superiors. They are a well
optimized design that has stayed basically the same for thousands of
millions of years.

Exhausting the limits of a primitive design hardly renders that design
superior or equal to more advanced formulations.
Humans on the other hand still get bad backs from walking upright and
frequently choke to death because they eat with their windpipes.

And they rule the world unchallenged. Go figure.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
When your mother birthed you, she was late, right? The reason I know is
that God must've stored your brain in a pickle jar while He was waiting.

Boji, this cannot be a reason. It is not the sort of thing that
can be a reason. The "must've" mucks it all up. Anyway, I have no
parents, it is not like that with me.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their
shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and
you have their shoes.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:09:55
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:
Nope. Never saw it.

You saw it... You're just being doraymeish.
If there was survival pressure to evolve beyond where we are, we would
have.

Well, in a million years of so when awareness of such pressure might
hypothetically dawn, there may be no sharks.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Thu, 12 Jul 2007 02:13:22
GMT wayne scribed:

Oh, no, not at all. It's just some mild epithet which means dufus or
something.

O Boji... don't get upset and bitter. I didn't mean 'nuthin...

Time to go meet Mr Groper, it is a beautiful day here, it is avo
and I can only be inefficient in work from now on...

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:09:55
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

You saw it... You're just being doraymeish.

Nope. I've never seen "Jaws". Which does kind of disconnect me from the
PS2 game I've been playing lately -- "Jaws Unleashed", which is at least
loosely based on the film.
Well, in a million years of so when awareness of such pressure might
hypothetically dawn, there may be no sharks.

We will probably evolve to meet that pressure.

John Hosking

Ben said:
Ben said:
[...]
you may find it behooves you not to mess with your evolutionary superiors.
Sharks don't really have evolutionary superiors. They are a well
optimized design that has stayed basically the same for thousands of
millions of years.
Thank you...thank you very much.

They go back 450 million years according to Wikipedia, with "modern"
sharks going back 100 million, which isn't all that old.

Yeah, for the first 350 million years, the sharks ran on steam. (And
they were analog, not digital.)

John Hosking

dorayme said:
Anyway, Boji, I can see we are not getting on well at the moment.
Perhaps you would care to slip into something comfortable for me.
For example, a coma.

ROFLMAO!

Blinky the Shark

John said:
Ben C wrote:

Yeah, for the first 350 million years, the sharks ran on steam. (And
they were analog, not digital.)

And now people steam sharks. And sharks are steamed about it.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Thu, 12 Jul 2007 04:13:03 GMT
dorayme scribed:
Anyway, Boji, I can see we are not getting on well at the moment.
Perhaps you would care to slip into something comfortable for me.
For example, a coma.

Now *that* was funny.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Thu, 12 Jul 2007 04:17:27
GMT dorayme scribed:
Boji, this cannot be a reason. It is not the sort of thing that
can be a reason. The "must've" mucks it all up. Anyway, I have no
parents, it is not like that with me.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their
shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and
you have their shoes.

If you did that in Holland it would be a handicap.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Thu, 12 Jul 2007 04:56:23 GMT
Blinky the Shark scribed:
Nope. I've never seen "Jaws". Which does kind of disconnect me from the
PS2 game I've been playing lately -- "Jaws Unleashed", which is at least
loosely based on the film.

Really? Why not, because of the, um, moniker? It's a good movie (-the
first one.) Dolphins especially like it.
We will probably evolve to meet that pressure.

Let's see, in a million years the Earth's resources will be depleted,
everything will be polluted, and chances are the weather will be f---ed up.
So what will you evolve into, a garbage disposal?

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Thu, 12 Jul 2007
04:56:23 GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

Really? Why not, because of the, um, moniker? It's a good movie
(-the first one.) Dolphins especially like it.

1. The concept seemed stupid.

2. The hype turned me off.

I've also never seen "Rocky" or "Titanic".

Don't get me wrong; I enjoy films and I love my Netflix membership.

Last few:

The Thief Of Bagdad
The Misfits
The Asphalt Jungle

Coming next:

Cool Hand Luke
Blood Alley
Let's see, in a million years the Earth's resources will be depleted,
everything will be polluted, and chances are the weather will be
f---ed up. So what will you evolve into, a garbage disposal?

No, just something that can live in extreme heat and live on the only
other remaining creatures -- the roaches.

rf

I once visited the set where Jaws was "made" (if you can believe backlots at
Universal Studios) where the bus drives through the lake (the one where
where the biblical waters part, with perspex) and suddenly a SHARK leaps up.
Yep. Your mechanical mate, trying to scare little girls and such. Is that
still there? It *was* 20 or so years ago for me :)
I've also never seen "Rocky" or "Titanic".

It sunk. No sharks.
Don't get me wrong; I enjoy films and I love my Netflix membership.

Saving Nemo?

There is a very very scary shark in that movie! Name's Bruce. Very big and
grey. A grey nurse IIRC. Keeps that hammerhead in line. Blinks a lot :)

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:11:23
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:
1. The concept seemed stupid.

2. The hype turned me off.

I've also never seen "Rocky" or "Titanic".

Titanic you can have but Rocky I've seen half-a-dozen times.
Don't get me wrong; I enjoy films and I love my Netflix membership.

Last few:

The Thief Of Bagdad
The Misfits
The Asphalt Jungle

All classics though top honors arguably goes to Asphalt Jungle.
Coming next:

Cool Hand Luke
Blood Alley

Cool Hand Luke is one of my favs. Don't remember Blood Alley but have
seen it.

I've got "Apache" on order and have recently bought a bunch of semi-
oldies/oldies from Amazon. Predator, Ghost, The Score, *The Jungle Book
(Korda)*, Shane, Donovan's Reef, Robin Hood (Curtiz), and Sin City just
to name a few.
No, just something that can live in extreme heat and live on the only
other remaining creatures -- the roaches.

That would probably do it. Course there'd probably be an ugly, hideous
predator there to persecute you, just the same. -Doraymeanies or
something equally repulsive...

Blinky the Shark

rf said:
I once visited the set where Jaws was "made" (if you can believe backlots at
Universal Studios) where the bus drives through the lake (the one where

Living about three miles from Universal and having shot some stuff there, I can
very easily believe that. ;)
where the biblical waters part, with perspex) and suddenly a SHARK leaps up.

Yep. Your mechanical mate, trying to scare little girls and such. Is that
still there? It *was* 20 or so years ago for me :)

I doubt that they still have that "show" any more.
It sunk. No sharks.
:)

Saving Nemo?

In fact, I saw that about a month ago.
There is a very very scary shark in that movie! Name's Bruce. Very big and
grey. A grey nurse IIRC. Keeps that hammerhead in line. Blinks a lot :)

Hammerheads are ugly. Hammerheads are what you get when the mother does
drugs while she's pregnant. :)

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:11:23
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

All classics though top honors arguably goes to Asphalt Jungle.

Cool Hand Luke is one of my favs. Don't remember Blood Alley but have
seen it.

John Wayne and Lauren Bacall. Just saw "To Have And Have Not" last
weekend, again.
I've got "Apache" on order and have recently bought a bunch of semi-
oldies/oldies from Amazon. Predator, Ghost, The Score, *The Jungle Book
(Korda)*, Shane, Donovan's Reef, Robin Hood (Curtiz), and Sin City just
to name a few.

Of those I've seen "Donovan's Reef", "Robin Hood" (just a couple months
ago) and "Sin City".
That would probably do it. Course there'd probably be an ugly, hideous
predator there to persecute you, just the same. -Doraymeanies or
something equally repulsive...

Giant radioactive Google Groupers seeking their revenge.

rf

Blinky the Shark said:
rf wrote:

Do tell. I thought you were in LA proper. I Like that area up there, C'ept
for that Hollywood stuff. Stayed once over in the Valley, having drifted
down the coast from SF. Nice. Stayed once down at Anaheim. Didn't like that
much.
Hammerheads are ugly. Hammerheads are what you get when the mother does
drugs while she's pregnant. :)

ROFLMBAO.

You mean when she bumps right up into,say, a naval frigate and squashes her
unborn right up into her sternum? Ouch.

Must be a bummer to give birth to those hammerheads! Like pulling nails?

Disco Octopus

John said:
Ben said:
Ben C wrote:
[...]
you may find it behooves you not to mess with your evolutionary
superiors.
Sharks don't really have evolutionary superiors. They are a well
optimized design that has stayed basically the same for thousands of
millions of years.
Thank you...thank you very much.

They go back 450 million years according to Wikipedia, with "modern"
sharks going back 100 million, which isn't all that old.

Yeah, for the first 350 million years, the sharks ran on steam. (And
they were analog, not digital.)

And nowadays, the latest in high tech computer games also run on steam.
And these games are digital.

SpaceGirl

I don't think you _should_ have both. You should have the alt.
You may have the title if you want the tool-tip. But you are
perfectly entitled not to want this.

In Witness, John Book asks what is wrong with buttons when trying
on a suit that Rachel has modified for his size. He asks if there
is something wrong with buttons, there being no buttons. The
reply is that no buttons is plain and good. In fact, Amish
authors are forbidden by their church to have title attributes.

You should have both. IE6 displays alt tags as hovering tool tips,
which may not be relevant to most visitors. Title tags are supposed to
be visible. Alts aren't.