alt vs title in explorer 7 & firefox

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 07:26:33
GMT Chris F.A. Johnson scribed:

Yep, I agree. I never considered him particularly "Renoiresque" but
perhaps the poses favored by the 2 artists are similar.

Lots of artists like drawing and painting the backs of women. The
last I watched happening was when Greg Kinnear drew Helen Hunt's
in As Good as It Gets.

There are some fine studies of backs in photography too. The
one's that come to mind, apart from my modest collection, is one
of Man Ray's

<http://www.getty.edu/art/gettyguide/artObjectDetails?artobj=61240
&handle=li>

And a few others by him with some abstract qualities, via
solarization.

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 02:45:50 GMT
Blinky the Shark scribed:

Aw, hell, then you're nothing but a catfish with great expectations.
Wonder if you'd be any good fried?

Bring it on. Consider grilling, too!

Then die! :)

dorayme

You are never the perfect gent. I think you should stop babbling
and strutting about with all this male/female stuff. You need
more to do: if you cannot concentrate any longer on the desert,
try the silly non-puzzle puzzle called The Young Trader.

I should try it knowing ahead of time that you won't provide any useful
feedback regarding my efforts? Yeah, right.[/QUOTE]

No, I promise, I will give you as much feedback as you like if
you have trouble with that one. What trouble you would have is
hard to even imagine.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 02:14:32
GMT dorayme scribed:

I gotta tell you this honestly and plain-out because you use that word so
freely. In Jewish circles, at least American Jewish circles, a schmuck
means a cocksucker. I trust that isn't what you mean because I believe you
have more class than that.

Well now, it is not quite the meaning I had in mind. I suppose
you look at words from some rigid standard, you hear this word,
and you ferret out some information about some strict use of it
in some particular community and that is it for you.

But it is not how it is used generally by Jewish comedians, and
every one but the most boring and ignorant goy has a Jewish
comedian in them. Your interpretation and take on this is
ridiculous. So please don't be so honest with me. I beg you.

O and by the way, I have no class at all. And I know what Travis
would like me to say. But I resist. Being without class does not
mean there are no inhibitions at all.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
I gotta tell you this honestly and plain-out because you use that word so
freely. In Jewish circles, at least American Jewish circles, ...

Just a further thought.. if it really _does_ upset you, I won't
call you this. I have no desire to insult you too much. Can I
every now and again call you a schmuck... if I am careful to
limit the occasions?

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:49:30 GMT
dorayme scribed:
Lots of artists like drawing and painting the backs of women. The
last I watched happening was when Greg Kinnear drew Helen Hunt's
in As Good as It Gets.

There are some fine studies of backs in photography too. The
one's that come to mind, apart from my modest collection, is one
of Man Ray's

<http://www.getty.edu/art/gettyguide/artObjectDetails?artobj=61240
&handle=li>

And a few others by him with some abstract qualities, via
solarization.

That was an interesting pic. ('Course the best part is the ass-crack.)

Never heard of Man Ray before. Wonder if he has anything in common with
Blinky?

You have a collection of backs? Also interesting... Any mirrored shots?

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:54:18 GMT
dorayme scribed:
No, I promise, I will give you as much feedback as you like if
you have trouble with that one. What trouble you would have is
hard to even imagine.

Well... 'Course I might find it more felicitous if *somebody* had posted a
link like *somebody* is always bossing other people to do. However, I hate
to mention uncapitalized names.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:32:20
GMT dorayme scribed:
Just a further thought.. if it really _does_ upset you, I won't
call you this. I have no desire to insult you too much. Can I
every now and again call you a schmuck... if I am careful to
limit the occasions?

When I was a kid, I was pretty - wild. I lived to have fun in the insane,
deranged way that many kids do. I used to go around saying "******" all
the time. Not in malice and not even to black kids (-we didn't have any
black kids in our school.) It was just a thing our group did in mock
aggression.

One day I was walking home from school with a Jewish friend and I happened
to use the word schmuck. He told me then what it meant and he got pretty
serious. I hadn't called him it, I'd just used it in conversion but that
still affected him. He was usually a light-hearted, very easy-going guy.
Anyway, it was then that I started to realize slur words weren't funny to a
lot of people whether rendered comedically or not. Discrimination isn't
funny and words like "******" and "schmuck" were often used in real
spiteful malice, however misplaced. Well right then and there I started
consciously avoiding such words, and from that day to this, I doubt if I've
used the word "******" as an epithet more than twice. I've never so-used
"schmuck". So when I hear it or see it written, I remember.

What's kinda funny is the (hippish) blacks call themselves "******" these
days. But let a white man try it...

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:50:23
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:
Bring it on. Consider grilling, too!

Then die! :)

Uh, you remember what happened to your albino cousin in "Jaws", don't you?
There was fish goulash all along the New Jersey coast. Tasty, too. Ergo,
you may find it behooves you not to mess with your evolutionary superiors.

Ben C

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:50:23
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed: [...]
Uh, you remember what happened to your albino cousin in "Jaws", don't you?
There was fish goulash all along the New Jersey coast. Tasty, too. Ergo,
you may find it behooves you not to mess with your evolutionary superiors.

Sharks don't really have evolutionary superiors. They are a well
optimized design that has stayed basically the same for thousands of
millions of years.

Humans on the other hand still get bad backs from walking upright and
frequently choke to death because they eat with their windpipes.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:54:18 GMT
dorayme scribed:

Well... 'Course I might find it more felicitous if *somebody* had posted a
link like *somebody* is always bossing other people to do.

When have I ever bossed anyone to do this where it was not
necessary. I would say I am somewhere between Ben C, who is very
tolerant and JK who is very strict about this sort of thing. With
me, you will see the perfect balance always. Ben C is tolerant
because he has a good nature. I regard this as admirable but a
poor excuse! JK does his because it is a matter of principle and
this is admirable too, but again, I think principles have to have
exceptions (yes, I know Blinky, so too do you think this one has.
But you have not demonstrated it).

No, with me, and I have no tabs on myself, no pretensions, you
will find that when I call for a URL, it is particularly needed
to help the OP. I say this without arrogance.

Now where were we? O yes, your bleating about a particular url.
You already have it. When you looked at the desert, was there no
menu on the left in your browser, do you have left floats turned
off?

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:50:23
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

Uh, you remember what happened to your albino cousin in "Jaws", don't you?

Nope. Never saw it.
There was fish goulash all along the New Jersey coast. Tasty, too. Ergo,
you may find it behooves you not to mess with your evolutionary superiors.

If there was survival pressure to evolve beyond where we are, we would
have.

Mmmmmmmmm......long pig sushi.

Blinky the Shark

Ben said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:50:23
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed: [...]
Uh, you remember what happened to your albino cousin in "Jaws", don't you?
There was fish goulash all along the New Jersey coast. Tasty, too. Ergo,
you may find it behooves you not to mess with your evolutionary superiors.

Sharks don't really have evolutionary superiors. They are a well
optimized design that has stayed basically the same for thousands of
millions of years.

Thank you...thank you very much.
Humans on the other hand still get bad backs from walking upright and
frequently choke to death because they eat with their windpipes.

And look at how poorly most of them write on Usenet.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
One day I was walking home from school with a Jewish friend and I happened
to use the word schmuck. He told me then what it meant and he got pretty
serious. I hadn't called him it, I'd just used it in conversion but that
still affected him. He was usually a light-hearted, very easy-going guy.
Anyway, it was then that I started to realize slur words weren't funny to a
lot of people whether rendered comedically or not.

What a load of hypocritical bullshit. You have felt no compulsion
to make the most outrageous slurs, time and time again, to engage
in language and aspersions that must be quite offensive to many
people and here you confounding all sorts of issues and
associations and personal experiences to get on some moral soap
box.

You have it wrong about schmuck. Simple as that.

It is most common in American comedic talk as mentioned in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schmuck

Remember, it is 2007. Study the idea of the vernacular. I was not
calling people here generally. I was calling you a schmuck.

Ben C

Ben said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:50:23
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed: [...]
Uh, you remember what happened to your albino cousin in "Jaws", don't you?
There was fish goulash all along the New Jersey coast. Tasty, too. Ergo,
you may find it behooves you not to mess with your evolutionary superiors.

Sharks don't really have evolutionary superiors. They are a well
optimized design that has stayed basically the same for thousands of
millions of years.

Thank you...thank you very much.

Of course not really thousands of millions, hundreds of millions. I was
forgetting that a billion is only a thousand million.

They go back 450 million years according to Wikipedia, with "modern"
sharks going back 100 million, which isn't all that old.

Blinky the Shark

Ben said:
Ben said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:50:23
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:
[...]
Uh, you remember what happened to your albino cousin in "Jaws", don't you?
There was fish goulash all along the New Jersey coast. Tasty, too. Ergo,
you may find it behooves you not to mess with your evolutionary superiors.

Sharks don't really have evolutionary superiors. They are a well
optimized design that has stayed basically the same for thousands of
millions of years.

Thank you...thank you very much.

Of course not really thousands of millions, hundreds of millions. I was
forgetting that a billion is only a thousand million.

They go back 450 million years according to Wikipedia, with "modern"
sharks going back 100 million, which isn't all that old.

It is compared to Usenet. ;)

wayne

dorayme said:
What a load of hypocritical bullshit. You have felt no compulsion
to make the most outrageous slurs, time and time again, to engage
in language and aspersions that must be quite offensive to many
people and here you confounding all sorts of issues and
associations and personal experiences to get on some moral soap
box.

You have it wrong about schmuck. Simple as that.

It is most common in American comedic talk as mentioned in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schmuck

Remember, it is 2007. Study the idea of the vernacular. I was not
calling people here generally. I was calling you a schmuck.

Would that translate into "dick head"?

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 21:59:01
GMT dorayme scribed:
When have I ever bossed anyone to do this where it was not
necessary. I would say I am somewhere between Ben C, who is very
tolerant and JK who is very strict about this sort of thing. With
me, you will see the perfect balance always. Ben C is tolerant
because he has a good nature. I regard this as admirable but a
poor excuse! JK does his because it is a matter of principle and
this is admirable too, but again, I think principles have to have
exceptions (yes, I know Blinky, so too do you think this one has.
But you have not demonstrated it).

Somehow the idea of a connection between you and any rational state of
balance never occurred to me.
No, with me, and I have no tabs on myself, no pretensions, you
will find that when I call for a URL, it is particularly needed
to help the OP. I say this without arrogance.

Now where were we? O yes, your bleating about a particular url.
You already have it. When you looked at the desert, was there no
menu on the left in your browser, do you have left floats turned
off?

Out amongst the moons and stars
There floats a little ball called Mars,
And though quite cold and dimly lit,
It is a land where nitwits fit.

My rocket strayed and went off course
While I was screwing with The Force.
Crash landing in a hellish pit,
I found myself where nitwits fit.

I left the ship and took a leak.
A fem approached to have a peek.
But when she spoke, the sad truth hit
That I had whizzed where nitwits fit.

Her drivel nearly drove me mad,
And streams of babble worse than bad
Abraided me like wind-blown grit
In tempests spawned where nitwits fit.

I knew I ought to take to wing
Lest I become a ding-a-ling.
I tried to fix the ship, but it
Was now just shit where nitwits fit.

The story's o'er; there is no hope;
I shall devolve into a dope
As I repent, repine, and sit
Within the realm where nitwits fit.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:11:10
GMT dorayme scribed:

What a load of hypocritical bullshit. You have felt no compulsion
to make the most outrageous slurs, time and time again, to engage
in language and aspersions that must be quite offensive to many
people and here you confounding all sorts of issues and
associations and personal experiences to get on some moral soap
box.

When your mother birthed you, she was late, right? The reason I know is
that God must've stored your brain in a pickle jar while He was waiting.

You fail to grasp the "subtle" difference between innuendo and name-
calling. How would you like it if I called you a "Beachball-Butted Bone
Bitch"? That's a comedic way of saying a "Fat-Assed **** Cruiser". Hah!
Hah! Hah! -Pretty funny, ain't it?
You have it wrong about schmuck. Simple as that.

It is most common in American comedic talk as mentioned in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schmuck

Remember, it is 2007. Study the idea of the vernacular. I was not
calling people here generally. I was calling you a schmuck.

Oh, that makes all the difference in the world! Why didn't you say so?
I'm soooooooooo relieved.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Thu, 12 Jul 2007 02:13:22
GMT wayne scribed:
Would that translate into "dick head"?

Oh, no, not at all. It's just some mild epithet which means dufus or
something.