Amateur Query

Guest

I have no programminging experience and seek some guidance. I have a sharepoint team services hosted site. I also have a pocket pc and several handspring visors. The sharepoint site has a survey feature that I often use. I would like to be able to create, administer surveys with the handhelds and upload the data to the sharepoint site. What coding could accomplish this for both handhelds? Could this be a beginners project? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin Spencer

This is definitely NOT a beginner's project. First, you have to be able to
work programmatically with SharePoint, one of the most complex technologies
that Microsoft has yet to come up with. SharePoint web sites don't even have
files in them. Almost everything, including Page content, is stored in SQL
Server. To work with SharePoint requires a Windows 2003 server to host the
web site(s), FrontPage 2003 to work with the web pages, and/or some special
add-on software for Visual Studio.Net to work with SharePoint applications.
Next, you're going to have to create ASP.Net pages or .Net applications to
load onto the handheld devices, which again, requires special programming
skills and possibly additional software for your development platform.

If you really want to do this, hire a programmer with lots of .Net
experience, as well as experience with SharePoint and HandHeld devices.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer