    Any ideas?

    TIA

    Kenneth P

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VubmV0aCBQ?=, Mar 12, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?S2VubmV0aCBQ?=

    Guest

    Kenneth, I am not sure why this would suddenly happen and just affect
    one project but you can fix it by adding your domain user account to
    the VS Developers group on your web server. If you are connecting to a
    non-local server, that could very well be the problem. If it is local,
    the intrigue will increase. Keep us posted.

    Jason Bentley
    http://geekswithblogs.net/jbentley

    , Mar 12, 2005

  3. I had some problems with this computer, bought a new one, I now have migrated
    the whole project to another computer, works just fine. Thanks.

    Kenneth P

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VubmV0aCBQ?=, Mar 13, 2005
  4. Hi

    If it helps anyone, I have encountered the same error in a different context:

    I saw this error when doing a command line build of a .Net solution using devenv.exe. It seems to happen when the solution contains a web application project, but the project's folder hasn't been mapped to a virtual directory (either via IIS or right-clicking the folder and websharing it).

    You can see what the virtual dir should be by opening the solution (.sln) file in notepad and looking at the project references at the top. Any web projects should appear something like this:

    Project("{FAE04EC0-301F-11D3-BF4B-00C04F79EFBC}") = "MyWebProjectFolder", "http://localhost/MyWebProject/MyWebProject.csproj",

    It's the bit after /localhost/ that you need to make a note of ("MyWebProject"). This is what you should call the IIS virtual directory, while the web project folder to be mapped is the bit after the equals sign ("MyWebProjectFolder"), and is usually located under c:\inetpub\wwwroot\.

    Hope this helps someone else!

    Andy

    From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/8_2005_3_0_0_190531/An-error-message-I-cant-understand.htm

    Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups
    http://www.developmentnow.com

    Andy Stephens, Nov 22, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?S2VubmV0aCBQ?=

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    "Partha" <; > wrote in
    message news:...
    > Hi Andy,
    >
    > Even I'm getting the error "visual studio .Net cannot create or open the
    > application because the current user account is not a member of the VS
    > developers group on the web server computer." while trying to build my
    > solution from command prompt using devenv.exe. I even created the virtual
    > directory path in the IIS as mentioned by your article. But stilll getting
    > the same error. Can you please help me overcome this issue. this is really
    > urgent.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Partha.
    >
    > From
    > http://www.developmentnow.com/g/8_2005_3_0_0_190531/An-error-message-I-cant-understand.htm
    >
    > Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups
    > http://www.developmentnow.com

    So are you a member of that group as the error suggests?

    Jeff Dillon, Aug 6, 2008