    Visual studio have ajax without needing a library?
    Any help is appreciated.
    -- Marvin

    WISEMANOFNARNIA, Jan 25, 2009

  2. Open web.config and see if your web.extensions are 3.5 or 1.x. If 1.x, you
    will have to update.

    I say this with a caveat, however, as you may have to ship the code back to
    work. In this case, you need to download the AJAX 1.x bits from www.asp.net
    (they are a separate download) and install on your machine. If you ran an
    upgrade on the web project, at home, you will have to replace the current
    updated web.config with the one from work.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Blog:

    | Think outside the box! |

    Cowboy \(Gregory A Beamer\), Jan 26, 2009

  3. Re: can't load system.web.extensions - when move to Visual studio2008

    I read your post, but:
    Why doesn't the following work: - I load my visual studio 2005 project
    into visual studio 2008 (minus the web.config, which I just generate
    anew) and then I compile and get the following error:
    'could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions' v1.0....etc.
    (this is an ajax library)
    So I go to the menu and look at 'references', and find there is a
    library called 'System.Web.Extensions v2.0.50727.
    My web.config does not have any references to 'System.Web.Extensions'
    no matter what version, because I generated it anew. So instead, I
    just do a find/replace throughout the code of every 'v1.0.... by
    v2.0.50727. All the pages that use ajax have a reference to
    'system.web.extensions', and this will replace the v1.0 by the new
    version, and they should find the new version and compile.
    But what happens is, they don't.
    I get the same error again, except for the new version:
    'Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions'.
    I really don't want to go to the asp.net website and load the old
    version of Ajax, given the fact that Visual Studio 2008 with Framework
    3.5 has it built in. Why go backwards? But what I just tried didn't
    work.
    Thanks,
    Marv

    WISEMANOFNARNIA, Feb 1, 2009