Analysis of IORCC Entries?

Ryan Leavengood

So, I was been browsing http://iorcc.dyndns.org/ and looking at the 2005
entries for the International Obfuscated Ruby Code Contest (IORCC), and
in the process I've cleaned-up and have a solid understanding of several
of the entries. Would anyone be interested in reading an analysis and
clean-up of these programs, or is that an exercise best left for the reader?

I suppose you could say this was like Ruby Quiz #26 (Code Cleaning),
with me doing the cleaning instead of James.

I find it quite interesting figuring them out, sort of like solving a
puzzle, but maybe others would just like to see how the "magic" happens.

Let me know,
Ryan

Florian Groß

Ryan said:
So, I was been browsing http://iorcc.dyndns.org/ and looking at the 2005
entries for the International Obfuscated Ruby Code Contest (IORCC), and
in the process I've cleaned-up and have a solid understanding of several
of the entries. Would anyone be interested in reading an analysis and
clean-up of these programs, or is that an exercise best left for the
reader?

I've done these and will post them tomorrow if possible. It would be
wonderful if you had the missing ones done already, but I guess there
will be some overlap:

1-negaposi.html,
3-primes.html,
4-quiz-loader.html,
5-numbers.html,
6-xor.html, (no detailed explanation of the algorithms)
7-slash.html (partially)

James Edward Gray II

Ryan Leavengood wrote:

I've done these and will post them tomorrow if possible. It would
be wonderful if you had the missing ones done already, but I guess
there will be some overlap:

1-negaposi.html,
3-primes.html,
4-quiz-loader.html,
5-numbers.html,
6-xor.html, (no detailed explanation of the algorithms)
7-slash.html (partially)

I, for one, am very interested in reading anyone's work on this.

James Edward Gray II

Ezra Zygmuntowicz

So, I was been browsing http://iorcc.dyndns.org/ and looking at the
2005 entries for the International Obfuscated Ruby Code Contest
(IORCC), and in the process I've cleaned-up and have a solid
understanding of several of the entries. Would anyone be interested
in reading an analysis and clean-up of these programs, or is that
an exercise best left for the reader?

I suppose you could say this was like Ruby Quiz #26 (Code
Cleaning), with me doing the cleaning instead of James.

I find it quite interesting figuring them out, sort of like solving
a puzzle, but maybe others would just like to see how the "magic"
happens.

Let me know,
Ryan

I'd like to read about it.