Analytical or Intuitive?

rfractal30

Hi

I thought it was an interesting survey. The questions were nicely
phrased I thought. I was definitely at the scattier end of the scale,
with a score of 24. I'm wondering if this means that I'm definitely not
suited to becoming a programmer. On the other hand I do often get a lot
of satisfaction from the creativity involved in programming. I would
definitely be under the impression that analytical types would be
better suited for programming though, as they are likely to be more
thorough. Fascinating stuff though.

Michael

rfractal30

Chris said:
I think you (and the others) are misunderstanding how this test is supposed to
work. Being too "analytical" in fact. Remember that the test is essentially
asking /one/ question in lots of different ways. The "fuzz" in the phrasing is
almost certainly there by design.

Agreed. It is the quantity of similar questions which bring about the
true results. Also, at the beginning of the survey it is specifically
stated that you should not think too deeply before answering each
question.

That very question will cause some people to analyse the questions to
death. But it is non-loser as far as the survey is concerned.

I'm guessing that Patricia would get somewhere between 40 and 60.
Qualities that would undoubtely make her a well adapted
programmer/mathematician/scientist.

Michael

Patricia Shanahan

rfractal30 said:
Sorry, I mean to say between 30 and 50. I was forgetting
that the scale ends at 76.

Well, I tried the test, using "?" for "it depends on
circumstances". I got "Your Cognitive Style Index is 37
which indicates that you are an Intuitive learner."

Patricia