    file:///C|/Documents.......My%20Pictures/bannerexact.gif

    And my friends cannot see it. Anyone know why this is? I'm not very
    experienced with dreamweaver.

    NK, Apr 24, 2004

  2. NK wrote:

    > I made an animated banenr

    Yuck.

    > in fireworks, exported it (html and images) and
    > opened it in Dreamweaver. Then i saved it to the remote site (i said yes
    > to include all dependant files), and I can view it when i go the website.
    > But, it seems to be taking it from my hard drive.. the Address of it is
    > file:///C|/Documents.......My%20Pictures/bannerexact.gif

    Well, yes, that would be your hard drive.

    > And my friends cannot see it. Anyone know why this is?

    Because they don't have the image in the same place on their hard drive.
    Change the URI to a relative or absolute reference to the image you
    uploaded to the website.

    > I'm not very experienced with dreamweaver.

    You should learn the fundamentals before trying to use a tool which hides
    them from you.

    David Dorward, Apr 24, 2004

  3. NK

    NK Guest

    Yes, I know that's why, but what I don't know is how I could do that:

    NK, Apr 24, 2004
  4. NK

    NK Guest

    Don't worry, I think I've done it :D

    NK, Apr 24, 2004
  5. NK

    MeIsDavid Guest

    "NK" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I made an animated banenr in fireworks, exported it (html and images) and
    > opened it in Dreamweaver. Then i saved it to the remote site (i said yes

    > include all dependant files), and I can view it when i go the website.

    But,
    > it seems to be taking it from my hard drive.. the Address of it is
    > file:///C|/Documents.......My%20Pictures/bannerexact.gif
    >
    > And my friends cannot see it. Anyone know why this is? I'm not very
    > experienced with dreamweaver.

    Dude: you have this file saved *locally* - not on the Internet. You need to
    upload this file to a server and then send out the address.
    I think you need to start at the beginng.

    MeIsDavid, Apr 25, 2004