    the animated gif of S.Claus is animated only during the first passage?? Why
    in the second passage is it stopped??
    Thanks!!

    mb89, Dec 14, 2006

  2. mb89

    Wil Guest

    "mb89" <> wrote in message
    news:Zdggh.78975$...
    > Why in my site
    >
    > www.torneosegre.3000.it
    >
    > the animated gif of S.Claus is animated only during the first passage??

    Why
    > in the second passage is it stopped??
    > Thanks!!

    At my computer, S. Claus keeps passing.

    Wil, Dec 14, 2006

  3. mb89

    mb89 Guest

    > At my computer, S. Claus keeps passing.

    Yes.... I know that it keeps passing... But i want to know why it doesn't
    move while it passes....

    mb89, Dec 14, 2006
  4. mb89

    Wil Guest

    > Yes.... I know that it keeps passing... But i want to know why it doesn't
    > move while it passes....

    Now I see what you mean. I have no idea. The "marquee" tag seems
    to be a problem tag and is not advised to use, nor W3C supported.

    Wil, Dec 14, 2006
  5. mb89

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    mb89 wrote:
    > Why in my site
    >
    > www.torneosegre.3000.it
    >
    > the animated gif of S.Claus is animated only during the first passage?? Why
    > in the second passage is it stopped??

    The animation is a 6 frames one, and it is looped only 17 times. After
    that, the motion ceases. I downloaded the animation to my computer,
    took it to AnimationFactory, and changed it to loop an infinite number
    of times. You may copy it from
    http://www.cwdjr.net/picmisc/babbonatale2.gif . This likely will clear
    up your problem.

    At one time, IE supported marquee that you use to move this animation
    and a message, and most other browsers did not. However, in checking
    your page, I find that the most recent versions of Opera, Firefox,
    Mozilla, Netscape, and Seamonkey are all now supporting marquee,
    including yours. The old Netscape 4.8, of course, did not support the
    marquee. wonder how recently the Mozilla family browsers added marquee
    support. I suspect some in this group are thrilled that marquee is now
    so widely supported :).

    cwdjrxyz, Dec 15, 2006
  6. mb89

    Jeff Bowman Guest

    "mb89" <> wrote in message
    > Why in my site
    >
    > www.torneosegre.3000.it
    >
    > the animated gif of S.Claus is animated only during the first passage??
    > Why in the second passage is it stopped??
    > Thanks!!

    I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question, but I -can- tell you
    that something on the page is pegging my CPU to 100%.

    HTH,
    Jeff

    --
    We're losing America. To see how you can help
    get her back, visit www.FreedomToFascism.com.

    Jeff Bowman, Dec 15, 2006
  7. mb89

    mb89 Guest

    > of times. You may copy it from
    > http://www.cwdjr.net/picmisc/babbonatale2.gif . This likely will clear
    > up your problem.

    I've done it.... I've tried it on my pc and it works... But the problem is
    that it doesn't work on the web but only on my pc (if i make it start by my
    pc)....... Why??

    p.S. I'm sorry for my English.... but i am italian.... ;-).....

    mb89, Dec 15, 2006
  8. mb89

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    mb89 wrote:
    > > of times. You may copy it from
    > > http://www.cwdjr.net/picmisc/babbonatale2.gif . This likely will clear
    > > up your problem.

    > I've done it.... I've tried it on my pc and it works... But the problem is
    > that it doesn't work on the web but only on my pc (if i make it start by my
    > pc)....... Why??

    I just checked your web page, and the animation now is working
    perfectly on the most recent versions of IE6, Opera, Firefox, Netscape,
    Seamonkey, and Mozilla I am using a Microsoft XP OS. I have much
    memory, since I work a lot with videos. Another person who responded
    said the page was using 100% of memory resources, but I do not know
    what he is using to view the page. Since you are moving a lot of data
    around to move both the animation and the marquee that includes the
    animation and text, your page may be very demanding on memory
    resources, so this might be part of the problem. In addition you have a
    snow effect script that works on IE and Opera, but not the other
    browsers. When working, this puts even more demand on memory resources
    and computing speed. So if your computer is slower than mine, or has
    less memory, that might be part of the problem. Even on my system,
    about 100% of resources are used on Opera that shows the snow effect.
    On Firefox, that does not show the snow effect, Resources used vary
    from about 4% to 40% as the marquee moves across the screen. IE uses
    only about 12% of resources. You might try removing the snow script and
    see what happens.

    > p.S. I'm sorry for my English.... but i am italian.... ;-)....

    You write much better English than I write Italian - none, in fact,
    except a few wine and food names.

    cwdjrxyz, Dec 15, 2006
  9. mb89

    Wil Guest

    > I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question, but I -can- tell you
    > that something on the page is pegging my CPU to 100%.

    The page needs between 70 and 90 % of my computer's PCU.

    Animated gif's, marquee stuff, snow scripts etc...
    My advice: keep it simple. Less is more!

    Wil, Dec 16, 2006
  10. mb89

    rwap Guest

    Hmm - the new animated gif works on Opera v9 and Firefox v2 - but alas
    not in IE v7 for some reason.

    Rich
    www.rwapservices.co.uk

    rwap, Dec 16, 2006