    marcel
    --
    Marcel Molina Jr. <>
    Marcel Molina Jr., Nov 28, 2006

  2. Marcel Molina Jr.

    Lyle Johnson Guest

    On 11/28/06, Marcel Molina Jr. <> wrote:

    > This is the initial release of aws/s3, a ruby library for Amazon's Simple Store
    > Service's (S3) REST API...

    Wow. So has "Ruby S3 library" become the new "Ruby templating
    library"? It seems like we're getting daily announcements about these.
    ;)
    Lyle Johnson, Nov 28, 2006

  3. Marcel Molina Jr.

    Ryan Grove Guest

    Lyle Johnson wrote:
    > On 11/28/06, Marcel Molina Jr. <> wrote:
    >
    >> This is the initial release of aws/s3, a ruby library for Amazon's
    >> Simple Store
    >> Service's (S3) REST API...

    > Wow. So has "Ruby S3 library" become the new "Ruby templating
    > library"? It seems like we're getting daily announcements about these.
    > ;)

    Yeah, I'm wishing I hadn't announced Net::Amazon::S3 yesterday. I like
    aws/s3 more than my own library. :)

    --
    Ryan Grove

    http://wonko.com/
    Ryan Grove, Nov 28, 2006
  4. Re: [Rails] Re: [ANN] aws/s3 0.1.0 (initial release)

    On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 07:01:51PM -0600, Shane Vitarana wrote:
    > Thanks Marcel! I've been investigating S3 storage for my upcoming app.
    > How does this library compare with s33r
    > <http://rubyforge.org/projects/s33r/>?

    Hey Shane,

    From looking around at the s33r code for a bit, it appears to be one of the
    more complete S3 libraries I've seen. It supports similar functionality to
    aws/s3. The differences are mostly in the way the library is decomposed and
    the API it exposes to you, its client. Sort of like, what's the difference
    between Ruby and Python? In some ways not a lot. It comes back to what people
    prefer. What they find natural and comfortable.

    At a glance s33r seems like a fine library. It would be up to you to determine which is
    a better fit for you. I'd encourage you to try them both out.

    marcel
    --
    Marcel Molina Jr. <>
    Marcel Molina Jr., Nov 29, 2006
  5. On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 08:08:37AM +0900, Tiffani Ashley Bell wrote:
    > Should I be getting this after following the install instructions in the
    > aws/s3 Rubydocs?
    >
    > theBox:~ muppet
    > $ irb -rubygems
    > irb(main):001:0> require 'aws/s3'
    > NameError: uninitialized constant XML
    > from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/aws-
    > s3-0.1.1/lib/aws/s3/extensions.rb:119:in
    > `const_missing'
    > from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/aws-s3-0.1.1/lib/aws/s3.rb:59
    > from
    > /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
    >
    > from (irb):1
    >
    > It looks somewhat like the problems that sprung up in another stack trace
    > someone posted. Upon removing const_missing_from_s3_library, I still get
    > the following error:
    >
    > /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/aws-s3-0.1.1/bin/../lib/aws/s3.rb:60:NameError:
    > uninitialized constant XML
    >
    > I've got xml-simple installed, so I don't know what's going on. Any ideas?

    Hey Tiffani,

    That's my bad. I confirmed what you are experiencing was happening with the
    0.1.1 release. It's fixed in the 0.1.2 release. Just 'sudo gem update aws-s3'
    for the fix.

    Thanks!
    marcel
    --