[ANN] Enterprise Ruby Studio

Mike Clark

ENTERPRISE RUBY STUDIO

Announcing a new offering from Pragmatic Studio: An Enterprise Ruby =20
Studio to be held September 11-13 in Boston, MA. Learn how to use =20
the power and expressiveness of Ruby, and how to use it as your =20
enterprise "glue."

-------------------------------------
Use Ruby for Enterprise Software Development
-------------------------------------

Enterprise software development is often about integrating =20
information from multiple systems, usually built with disparate =20
technologies, in order to increase the value of both the applications =20=

you=92re building today and the longevity of your existing =20
applications, resources, and data. An in-depth knowledge of Ruby, a =20
cross-platform, object-oriented programming language, will allow you =20
to tie such systems together, and do so with incredible flexibility.

-------------------------
Learn Advanced Ruby Features
-------------------------

You=92ll also gain hands-on experience using metaprogramming, domain =20
specific languages, LDAP, XML, web services, and other advanced Ruby =20
features.

-------------
Learn =46rom Pros
-------------

With extensive experience using Java, .NET, _and_ Ruby, Justin =20
Gehtland and Stu Halloway really understand the enterprise =20
landscape. They bring diverse backgrounds to this Studio to help you =20=

choose the best tool for the job. In addition to their ongoing =20
client work, they are the authors of the upcoming book "Rails for =20
Java Programmers" and the creators of the open source Streamlined =20
framework.

-------
-------

Sign up by July 31st for a $200 early registration discount. =20
Register at:

http://pragmaticstudio.com/ruby

Thanks!

Logan Capaldo

Logan said:
Not to be a jerk or anything, but IMO the proper tag for this is
[ADV] not [ANN].

Perhaps... but Dave of all people deserves to be
cut some slack. He's given quite a lot to this
community.

Hal

Well that's why i tried to say it a "I know that this might come out
like I'm being an asshole way, but I think personally that probably
maybe the tag should be ADV". Note that I only say this from past
experience where things that cost money where announced on here had
ADV tags and ANN is almost always new projects. Really I wasn't
trying to be mean.

Hal Fulton

Logan said:
Well that's why i tried to say it a "I know that this might come out
like I'm being an asshole way, but I think personally that probably
maybe the tag should be ADV". Note that I only say this from past
experience where things that cost money where announced on here had ADV
tags and ANN is almost always new projects. Really I wasn't trying to
be mean.

I know you weren't being mean. I even concur in the
general case.

As much as anything else, I wanted to draw attention
to who was ultimately behind this (in case you or
anyone else missed the "pragmatic" keyword).

Hal