[ANN] FXRuby Book Now Available in Beta

Lyle Johnson

All,

I=92m pleased to report that the FXRuby book has just been released as =20=

a Beta book:

http://www.pragprog.com/titles/fxruby

That means that although the book is still under development, you can =20=

get early access to the content right now and provide feedback to =20
help make the final book even better when it=92s released later this =20
year. We=92re getting very close to a completed first draft and I can =20=

assure you that it=92s well worth it to go ahead and get the book now =20=

if you=92re anxious to get started with FXRuby programming.

This is the first book ever dedicated to the subject of FOX and =20
FXRuby application development. It=92s intended for software developers =20=

who are already comfortable with Ruby programming and who want to =20
learn how to develop GUI applications with Ruby. No prior experience =20
with GUI development is needed, but it=92s intended to be useful both =20=

to newcomers as well as those who have worked with other GUI toolkits =20=

in the past.

The purpose of this book is to give you a head start on developing =20
GUI applications with Ruby and FXRuby through a combination of =20
tutorial exercises and focused technical information. It isn=92t a =20
comprehensive book on FXRuby programming, and it=92s not a reference =20
manual. What this book will do is get you over the initial conceptual =20=

hurdles and equip you with the practical information that you need to =20=

build your own applications. Surf on over to the Pragmatic Bookshelf =20
site and order your copy today!

Thanks,

Lyle=

Lyle Johnson

I just bought it and finished the first chapter. It is really a
pleasure to read so far.
What can I report and where can I report it?

Thomas, you can report technical errors, typos and suggestions to the
official errata page for the book, here:

http://www.pragprog.com/titles/fxruby/errata

Note that there should be a link at the bottom of each page of your
beta PDF to "report
erratum." Clicking that link enables readers to report any errors they find.

Thanks for asking (and buying),

Lyle