[ANN] heel 1.0.0 Released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Jeremy Hinegardner, Apr 21, 2008.

  1. heel version 1.0.0 has been released.

    http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/heel/

    Heel is a small static web server for use when you need a quick web server for a
    directory. Once the server is running, heel will use Launchy to open your
    browser at the URL of your document root.

    % heel
    >> Thin web server (v0.8.1 codename Rebel Porpoise)
    >> Threaded mode OFF
    >> Maximum connections set to 1024
    >> Listening on 0.0.0.0:4331, CTRL+C to stop

    Launching your browser...

    Or run it in the background

    % heel --daemonize
    Created /Users/jeremy/.heel
    heel's PID (/Users/jeremy/.heel/heel.pid) and log file (/Users/jeremy/.heel/heel.log) are stored here
    Launching your browser at http://0.0.0.0:4331/

    % heel --kill
    Sending TERM to process 3304
    Done.

    {{ Release notes for Version 1.0.0 }}

    * Convert Heel to a Rack and Thin application

    http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/heel/

    Jeremy Hinegardner

    Jeremy Hinegardner, Apr 21, 2008

  2. Jeremy Hinegardner

    Lin Jen-Shin Guest

    Re: heel 1.0.0 Released

    On Apr 21, 2:50=A0pm, Jeremy Hinegardner <> wrote:
    > heel version 1.0.0 has been released.
    >
    > http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/heel/
    >
    > Heel is a small static web server for use when you need a quick web server=

    for a
    > directory. =A0Once the server is running, heel will use Launchy to open yo=

    ur
    > browser at the URL of your document root.

    Well done, and I hope I could change the charset
    through arguments or I have to change the charset from
    iso-8859-1 to utf-8 in the sources.

    cheers,

    Lin Jen-Shin, Apr 21, 2008

  3. Re: heel 1.0.0 Released

    On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 05:17:49PM +0900, Lin Jen-Shin wrote:
    > On Apr 21, 2:50?pm, Jeremy Hinegardner <> wrote:
    > > heel version 1.0.0 has been released.
    > >
    > > http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/heel/
    > >
    > > Heel is a small static web server for use when you need a quick web server for a
    > > directory. ?Once the server is running, heel will use Launchy to open your
    > > browser at the URL of your document root.

    > Well done, and I hope I could change the charset
    > through arguments or I have to change the charset from
    > iso-8859-1 to utf-8 in the sources.

    Good idea, I've added it to the feature request tracker on rubyforge.

    enjoy,

    -jeremy

    Jeremy Hinegardner

    Jeremy Hinegardner, Apr 21, 2008