ANN: Intro+Intermediate Python course, SF, May 10-12

Discussion in 'Python' started by wesley chun, Apr 27, 2010.

  1. wesley chun

    wesley chun Guest

    *** FINAL REMINDER ***

    Need to get up-to-speed with Python as quickly as possible? Come join
    me, Wesley Chun, author of Prentice-Hall's bestseller "Core Python
    Programming," for a comprehensive Python course coming up this May in
    beautiful Northern California! I welcome new Python programmers as
    well as veterans who may have run into bugs that are difficult to
    explain and/or who want to learn more about objects, references, and
    Python's memory model. Come join us if you're looking for *more* than
    just a vanilla "beginners" class.

    Please pass on this note to whomever you think may be interested. I
    look forward to meeting you and your colleagues! feel free to pass
    around the flyer below.

    (Comprehensive) Introduction to Python
    Mon-Wed, 2010 May 10-12, 9am-5pm

    (COMPREHENSIVE) INTRO+INTERMEDIATE PYTHON

    Although this course may appear to those new to Python, it is also
    perfect for those who have tinkered with it and want to "fill in the
    gaps" and/or want to get more in-depth formal training.  It combines
    the best of both an introduction to the language as well as a "Python
    Internals" training course.

    We will immerse you in the world of Python in only a few days, showing
    you more than just its syntax (which you don't really need a book to
    learn, right?). Knowing more about how Python works under the covers,
    including the relationship between data objects and memory management,
    will make you a much more effective Python programmer coming out of
    the gate. 3 hands-on labs each day will help hammer the concepts home.

    Come find out why Google, Yahoo!, Disney, ILM/LucasFilm, VMware,
    NASA, Ubuntu, YouTube, and Red Hat all use Python. Users supporting
    or jumping to Plone, Zope, TurboGears, Pylons, Django, Google App
    Engine, Jython, IronPython, and Mailman will also benefit!

    PREVIEW 1: you will find (and can download) a video clip of a
    class session recorded live to get an idea of my lecture style and
    the interactive classroom environment at:

    http://cyberwebconsulting.com

    PREVIEW 2: Partnering with O'Reilly and Pearson, Safari Books
    Online has asked me to deliver a 1-hour webcast last Spring called
    "What is Python?". This was an online seminar based on a session
    that I've delivered at numerous conferences in the past. It will give
    you an idea of lecture style as well as an overview of the material
    covered in the course.

    info:http://www.safaribooksonline.com/events/WhatIsPython.html
    download (reg req'd):
    http://www.safaribooksonline.com/Corporate/DownloadAndResources/webcastInfo..php?page=WhatIsPython

    WHERE: near the San Francisco Airport (SFO/San Bruno), CA, USA

    WEB:   http://cyberwebconsulting.com

    FLYER: http://starship.python.net/crew/wesc/flyerPP1may10.pdf

    LOCALS: easy freeway (101/280/380) with lots of parking plus public
    transit (BART and CalTrain) access via the San Bruno stations, easily
    accessible from all parts of the Bay Area

    VISITORS: free shuttle to/from the airport, free high-speed internet,
    free breakfast and regular evening receptions; fully-equipped suites

    See website for costs, venue info, and registration.

    Hope to see you there!
    -- wesley

    "Python Web Development with Django", Addison Wesley, (c) 2009
    http://withdjango.com

    wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
    http://cyberwebconsulting.com

    wesley chun, Apr 27, 2010