ANN: Intro to Python course, Aug 16-18, San Francisco

w chun

What: (Intense) Intro to Python
When: August 16-18, 2006
Where: San Francisco (SFO/San Bruno), CA, USA
Web: http://cyberwebconsulting.com (click "Python Training" link)

Need to get up-to-speed with Python as quickly as possible? Come join
us in beautiful Northern California for another one of our rigorous
Python training events! This is an intense introduction to Python
programming geared towards those who have some proficiency in another
high-level language. Topics include:

* Syntax, Data Types, Operators, and Methods
* Python's Objects and Memory Model
* Errors and Exception Handling
* Flow Control (Loops and Conditionals)
* Writing Optimized Python
* Files and Input/Output
* Functions and Functional Programming Aspects
* Modules and Packages
* OOP: Classes, Methods, Instances, Class Customization, Inheritance
* Execution Environment
* Operating System Interface
* Advanced Topics and Python Updates

This course will take place in San Bruno right near the San Francisco
International Airport at the:

Staybridge Suites
San Francisco Airport
1350 Huntington Ave
San Bruno, CA 94066 USA
+1-650-588-0770

LOCALS: easy freeway (101/280/380) and public transit (BART and
CalTrain) access: San Bruno stations

VISITORS: free shuttle to/from the airport, free high-speed internet
cxn, free breakfast and evening reception daily

The cost is $1095 per attendee. Discounts are available for multiple
registrations as well as teachers/students and those with financial
hardship. For more information and registration, go to the website
above.

Registration is also now open for our next Advanced Python course,
taking place at the same location in November 2006. See website for
more details.

http://corepython.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
http://cyberwebconsulting.com

Stefan Behnel

w said:
What: (Intense) Intro to Python
When: August 16-18, 2006
Where: San Francisco (SFO/San Bruno), CA, USA

Interesting! Now that you mention it, I remember wanting to organise an
extensive Python course in Bornhövede, Germany. However, there's only some 16
people living in the closer area and I don't think anyone of them uses Python.
Anyway, I wanted to announce it to the world so that people who expect to come
close to Bornhövede any time soon can contact me on this. The cost will be
somewhere near a bottle of wine per attendee to get my tongue moving.

Stefan