[ANN] Needle 1.1.0

Jamis Buck

Needle is a dependency injection container for Ruby, employing many of
Ruby's best idioms.

Project page: http://rubyforge.org/projects/needle
User Manual: http://needle.rubyforge.org
Needle Wiki: http://needle.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl
FAQ: http://needle.rubyforge.org/faq.html
API Docs: http://needle.rubyforge.org/api

Version 1.1.0 adds some new features:

* Needle::Registry can now be given both a name and a parent (as
requested by Leon Breedt). This means that Needle no longer enforces the
constraint that registries should exist only at the root of container
hierarchies.

* The implementing classes for namespaces, interceptor definitions, and
definition contexts are now given as services within Needle. This means
that clients can provide their own custom implementations for those
services, thereby changing Needle's behavior.

* Chapter 9, "Customizing Needle" has been added to the users manual to
describe how you can add your own implementations of namespaces, et. al.

Version 1.1.0 is fully backwards compatible with version 1.0.0.

- Jamis

Nikolai Weibull

* Jamis Buck said:
[...]

Awesome!

Btw, "et al." is written "et al." as it an abbreviation of "et alii",
which means "and others" in latin, where others is referring to people,
not things. Just thought I might enlighten you.
nikolai

Jamis Buck

Nikolai said:
Awesome!

Btw, "et al." is written "et al." as it an abbreviation of "et alii",
which means "and others" in latin, where others is referring to people,
not things. Just thought I might enlighten you.
nikolai

Thanks, Nikolai. :) I've been doing this stuff so much that I've
anthropomorphized namespaces, I guess. We're good friends, namespaces
and I. :)

- Jamis

Hal Fulton

Jamis said:
Thanks, Nikolai. :) I've been doing this stuff so much that I've
anthropomorphized namespaces, I guess. We're good friends, namespaces
and I. :)

LOL... this reminds me of a quote that I saw and loved:

"Never anthropomorphize computers. They hate that."

Hal