ANN: open source web project SCCBridge

Arthur Nesterovsky

Hello,

I'm glad to announce that first fully functional version of
"RepositoryExplorer"
is released. This is open source .NET GUI application that allows to access
to remote version control systems (VCS) like SourceSafe. Actually this
application
is a client part of SCCBridge web project.

The whole project includes:
- .NET web service "BridgeServer", which provides access to the VCS;
- two libraries: one of them is the server-side library, which provides
direct access
to the VCS, another one is the client-side library that can be used in
your
applications to remote access to VCS;
- .NET console application, which can be also used as a building tool
with ability
to access to VCS (so, you can build your applications right from
SourceSafe e.g.);
- .NET GUI application, which allows to visually manipulate remote
repository.

The SCCBridge project is implemented as an open sources project, so feel
free to
download it from my home page.

From sources you can study how to communicate with SourceSafe, how to
upload/download
files using DIME, how to compress files to increase uploading speed, how to
create client
applications and so on. Besides sources, this is just useful freeware tool.

Read more about project and its future at my home page (address see below),
or directly here: http://www.nesterovsky-bros.com/html/css2/SCCBridge.htm

P.S. I'll be glad to receive a feedback and will answer to any questions
concerning the project.
With best wishes, Arthur Nesterovsky
Please visit my home page:
http://www.nesterovsky-bros.com