[ANN] Rabbit 0.0.4

Kouhei Sutou

Hi,

I released Rabbit 0.0.4. Rabbit is an application for
performing a presentation. Source format of Rabbit is RD.
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/rabbit/

Screenshots:
http://pub.cozmixng.org/~gallery/kou/screenshot/rabbit/

I checked whether Rabbit works or not on Debian GNU/Linux
and FreeBSD 5-BETA7. I got a report that Rabbit works on Mac
OS X. Perhaps, Rabbit works on Windows.

The followings are changes after 0.0.3.

* More easily to install on Windows (by MIYAMUKO)
* added documents for install.
* added bat file for install.

* More easily to use on Windows (by MIYAMUKO)
* added bat file for invoking Rabbit.

* More better EPS handling (by zunda)

* Supported PS/PDF format output (but quality is not good :<)
* need: libgnomeprint >= 2.8 and Ruby-GNOME2 of CVS version.

* Sample:
http://pub.cozmixng.org/~kou/archives/rabbit.ps
PS->PDF by gs
http://pub.cozmixng.org/~kou/archives/rabbit.pdf
PDF which is outputted by Rabbit is less quality.

* Supported popup menu.

* Internationalized message (Japanese/English/French)
* need: Ruby-GetText-Package
* French version is made by Vincent Isambart. Thanks!

* Supported `saves as image' on off screen.
* but not on console. (because Gtk.init fails on console)

* Changed theme API.
* draw_*(canvas, ...) -> canvas.draw_*(...)

* Added themes

: auto-slide
moves next page after specified time.
You may use it for exhibit because you can loop.

You can use it if you add the following to your theme file.

@auto_slide_span = 1000 * 30 # 30 seconds
@auto_slide_loop = true
include_theme("auto-slide")

: lightning-talk
is a theme for Lightning Talk.

% rabbit sample/lightning-talk.rd

scrreenshot(ja):
http://pub.cozmixng.org/~gallery/kou/screenshot/rabbit/lightning_talk/

You can display your contact information on the
bottom of each page by making the following theme
(which is called by `my-lt' here).

@lightning_talk_contact_information = "(e-mail address removed)"
include_theme("lightning-talk")

You need to put the theme (my-lt) to
"#{PATH_IN_$LOAD_PATH}/rabbit/theme/my-lt/my-lt.rb".

You can try it by the following commands.

% mkdir -p rabbit/theme/my-lt
% cat > rabbit/theme/my-lt/my-lt.rb
@lightning_talk_contact_information = "(e-mail address removed)"
include_theme("lightning-talk")
^D
% rabbit -t my-lt sample/lightning-talk.rd

scrreenshot(ja):
http://pub.cozmixng.org/~gallery/kou/screenshot/rabbit/lightning_talk_with_contact/

Kouhei Sutou

Hi,

In <[email protected]>
"[ANN] Rabbit 0.0.4" on Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:28:33 +0900,
Kouhei Sutou said:
I released Rabbit 0.0.4. Rabbit is an application for
performing a presentation. Source format of Rabbit is RD.
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/rabbit/
and FreeBSD 5-BETA7. I got a report that Rabbit works on Mac
OS X. Perhaps, Rabbit works on Windows.

Sorry, Rabbit doesn't work on Windows.
I released Rabbit 0.0.5 which is fixed this problem.