[ANN] Rabbit 0.0.4

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Kouhei Sutou, Oct 21, 2004.

  1. Kouhei Sutou

    Kouhei Sutou Guest

    Hi,

    I released Rabbit 0.0.4. Rabbit is an application for
    performing a presentation. Source format of Rabbit is RD.
    http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/rabbit/

    Screenshots:
    http://pub.cozmixng.org/~gallery/kou/screenshot/rabbit/

    I checked whether Rabbit works or not on Debian GNU/Linux
    and FreeBSD 5-BETA7. I got a report that Rabbit works on Mac
    OS X. Perhaps, Rabbit works on Windows.

    The followings are changes after 0.0.3.

    * More easily to install on Windows (by MIYAMUKO)
    * added documents for install.
    * added bat file for install.

    * More easily to use on Windows (by MIYAMUKO)
    * added bat file for invoking Rabbit.

    * More better EPS handling (by zunda)

    * Supported PS/PDF format output (but quality is not good :<)
    * need: libgnomeprint >= 2.8 and Ruby-GNOME2 of CVS version.

    * Sample:
    http://pub.cozmixng.org/~kou/archives/rabbit.ps
    PS->PDF by gs
    http://pub.cozmixng.org/~kou/archives/rabbit.pdf
    PDF which is outputted by Rabbit is less quality.

    * Supported popup menu.

    * Internationalized message (Japanese/English/French)
    * need: Ruby-GetText-Package
    * French version is made by Vincent Isambart. Thanks!

    * Supported `saves as image' on off screen.
    * but not on console. (because Gtk.init fails on console)

    * Changed theme API.
    * draw_*(canvas, ...) -> canvas.draw_*(...)

    * Added themes

    : auto-slide
    moves next page after specified time.
    You may use it for exhibit because you can loop.

    You can use it if you add the following to your theme file.

    @auto_slide_span = 1000 * 30 # 30 seconds
    @auto_slide_loop = true
    include_theme("auto-slide")

    : lightning-talk
    is a theme for Lightning Talk.

    % rabbit sample/lightning-talk.rd

    scrreenshot(ja):
    http://pub.cozmixng.org/~gallery/kou/screenshot/rabbit/lightning_talk/

    You can display your contact information on the
    bottom of each page by making the following theme
    (which is called by `my-lt' here).

    @lightning_talk_contact_information = ""
    include_theme("lightning-talk")

    You need to put the theme (my-lt) to
    "#{PATH_IN_$LOAD_PATH}/rabbit/theme/my-lt/my-lt.rb".

    You can try it by the following commands.

    % mkdir -p rabbit/theme/my-lt
    % cat > rabbit/theme/my-lt/my-lt.rb
    @lightning_talk_contact_information = ""
    include_theme("lightning-talk")
    ^D
    % rabbit -t my-lt sample/lightning-talk.rd

    scrreenshot(ja):
    http://pub.cozmixng.org/~gallery/kou/screenshot/rabbit/lightning_talk_with_contact/

    --
    kou

    Kouhei Sutou, Oct 21, 2004

  2. Kouhei Sutou

    Kouhei Sutou Guest

    Hi,

    In <>
    "[ANN] Rabbit 0.0.4" on Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:28:33 +0900,
    Kouhei Sutou <> wrote:

    > I released Rabbit 0.0.4. Rabbit is an application for
    > performing a presentation. Source format of Rabbit is RD.
    > http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/rabbit/

    > and FreeBSD 5-BETA7. I got a report that Rabbit works on Mac
    > OS X. Perhaps, Rabbit works on Windows.

    Sorry, Rabbit doesn't work on Windows.
    I released Rabbit 0.0.5 which is fixed this problem.

    --
    kou

    Kouhei Sutou, Oct 21, 2004