[ANN] RMagick 2.0.0 beta1

Tim Hunter

I've just uploaded RMagick 2.0.0 beta1. This beta release includes many,
many changes from RMagick 1.15.8.

RMagick 2.0.0-beta1 Highlights
------------------------------
o New installation uses setup.rb exclusively
o Requires Ruby 1.8.2 or later
o Requires ImageMagick 6.3.0 or later
o GraphicsMagick not supported
o New methods to help monitor and control memory usage
o Many new methods added
o Two GraphicsMagick-only methods removed.
o Many deprecated, outdated, and mostly undocumented methods and
constants removed.

See the Change Log for information about new features and bug fixes
since RMagick 1.15.8.

Please read the Release Notes before downloading. Please report problems
to the RMagick Help Forum on RubyForge:
http://rubyforge.org/forum/?group_id=12.

This beta release is not available as a RubyGem.

RMagick 2.0.0 is available as always from RubyForge:
http://rubyforge.org/projects/rmagick/. Please wait a few hours for the
mirrors to catch up.

RMagick 2.0.0 is an interface to the ImageMagick (www.imagemagick.org)
image processing library. RMagick 2.0.0 supports more than 100 image
formats, including GIF, JPEG, and PNG, and comes with comprehensive HTML
documentation. The RMagick home page is http://rmagick.rubyforge.org.