[ANN] RubyGems 0.8.5

Francis Hwang

On Windows platform, where should I create the .gemrc file so that it
is seen by gem. I created one in my %HOMEPATH% but it keeps saying:

C:\>gem -v
Config file /.gemrc does not exist
0.8.6

Maybe there was discussion of this already and I missed it, but: Is it
planned to leave that warning in by default? Seems to me that's the
sort of thing to just skip silently. I don't get warnings if I'm not
using an .emacsrc, for example.

Thanks,
Francis Hwang
http://fhwang.net/

Jim Weirich

Maybe there was discussion of this already and I missed it, but: Is it
planned to leave that warning in by default? Seems to me that's the
sort of thing to just skip silently. I don't get warnings if I'm not
using an .emacsrc, for example.

That one slipped by me. All my machines have a .gemrc file so I didn't
realized that it was printing the warning. That will come out in the next
release.