[ANN] SDS 0.2 released

Marek Janukowicz

I am pleased to announce the availability of SDS 0.2.

What is SDS?

SDS is a database access layer. It differs from other similar libraries
in that it totally abstracts the underlying data store (which can be a
SQL database, LDAP directory etc., although currently only SQL databases
are supported). You don't have to write a single line of SQL in your
application!

Where to get it?

You can get latest release of SDS from
http://starware.one.pl/software/download/sds/sds-latest.tar.gz. And at
http://starware.one.pl/software/download/sds/sds-latest.gem you can get
latest release in RubyGem format.

What's new in this release?

- Major refactoring and internal redesign (especially store logic)
- Model file now uses YAML instead of XML
- Speed improvements
- SQLite adaptor (thanks to Matt Welland)
- SQL generation much improved (eg. foreign key generation - thanks to
Raphael Bauduin)
- Sort orders
- String-based qualifiers
- RubyGems package

I also created a mailing list for SDS in answer to the requests I
received. You can subscribe by sending an email to
(e-mail address removed) or at
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sds-devel.