[ANN] Web archive for ruby newsgroup

Ward Bekker

Just live:

Ruby Newsgroup Archive : A simple & searchable web-archive for
comp.lang.ruby. (build with Ruby on Rails). Find only anwers because we
do not show messages without a reply. ;-)

ruby.equanimity.nl

Regards,

Ward

Ward Bekker

The name of the poster is not indexed currently. Only message body &
subject are. I believe it's not really needed. I'm pondering if I
should make a top x of posters page, but for now it's more important to
get a bigger set of past usenet messages.

Regards,

Ward

John Wilger

Ruby Newsgroup Archive : A simple & searchable web-archive for
comp.lang.ruby. (build with Ruby on Rails). Find only anwers because we
do not show messages without a reply. ;-)

ruby.equanimity.nl

I'm guessing it hasn't indexed many messages yet? I get only two hits
for the word "duck". ;-)

At any rate, I can see how something like this could potentially
evolve into something useful, although I agree with Eric Hodel that
you've got some work in front of you to make it better (for some
purposes) than either blade or the Google Groups interface.

Rob Sanheim

--

Or Nabble, or gmane, or any of the countless other tools that already
do this quite nicely.

- Rob

http://robsanheim.com