    ruby.equanimity.nl

    Regards,

    Ward

    Ward Bekker, Feb 25, 2008

  2. Ward Bekker

    Ward Bekker Guest

    And now with clickable link ;-)

    http://ruby.equanimity.nl

    Ward Bekker, Feb 25, 2008

  3. Ward Bekker

    Eric Hodel Guest

    On Feb 25, 2008, at 11:14 AM, Ward Bekker wrote:

    > Just live:
    >
    > Ruby Newsgroup Archive : A simple & searchable web-archive for
    > comp.lang.ruby. (build with Ruby on Rails). Find only anwers because
    > we do not show messages without a reply. ;-)
    >
    > ruby.equanimity.nl

    How is it better than:

    http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/ruby/ruby-talk/index.shtml

    Search seems broken, I get 0 hits for my name, but nearly 4000 results
    on the official archive.

    Eric Hodel, Feb 25, 2008
  4. Ward Bekker

    Aria Stewart Guest

    > Search seems broken, I get 0 hits for my name, but nearly 4000
    > results on the official archive.

    Ditto.

    Aria Stewart, Feb 25, 2008
  5. Ward Bekker

    Ward Bekker Guest

    The name of the poster is not indexed currently. Only message body &
    subject are. I believe it's not really needed. I'm pondering if I
    should make a top x of posters page, but for now it's more important to
    get a bigger set of past usenet messages.

    Regards,

    Ward

    Ward Bekker, Feb 26, 2008
  6. Ward Bekker

    John Wilger Guest

    Re: Web archive for ruby newsgroup

    On Feb 25, 11:10 am, Ward Bekker <> wrote:
    > Ruby Newsgroup Archive : A simple & searchable web-archive for
    > comp.lang.ruby. (build with Ruby on Rails). Find only anwers because we
    > do not show messages without a reply. ;-)
    >
    > ruby.equanimity.nl

    I'm guessing it hasn't indexed many messages yet? I get only two hits
    for the word "duck". ;-)

    At any rate, I can see how something like this could potentially
    evolve into something useful, although I agree with Eric Hodel that
    you've got some work in front of you to make it better (for some
    purposes) than either blade or the Google Groups interface.

    --
    Regards,

    John Wilger

    John Wilger, Feb 26, 2008
  7. Ward Bekker

    Rob Sanheim Guest

    On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:24 AM, John Wilger <> wrote:
    > I'm guessing it hasn't indexed many messages yet? I get only two hits
    > for the word "duck". ;-)
    >
    > At any rate, I can see how something like this could potentially
    > evolve into something useful, although I agree with Eric Hodel that
    > you've got some work in front of you to make it better (for some
    > purposes) than either blade or the Google Groups interface.
    >
    > --

    Or Nabble, or gmane, or any of the countless other tools that already
    do this quite nicely.

    - Rob

    http://robsanheim.com

    Rob Sanheim, Feb 27, 2008