[ANN] Win32 Utils Installer 0.0.1

Daniel Berger

Hi all,

It is with great pleasure that I announce the release
of the first Win32 Utils installer. This one is due
thanks largely to the efforts of Shashank Date.

What is it?
===========
A one-click installer for all of the Win32 Utils
packages that are on RubyForge. This also includes
some packages that are only in CVS at the moment.

How do I use it?
================
Download the zip file, and extract the
"win32utils-V.0.0.1.exe" file anywhere you like.
Double click on that file and follow the directions.
You can deselect any packages that you don't want
installed.

NOTE: You must install win32-ipc for in order to use
those packages that subclass it (event, semaphore,
etc).

What, exactly, does it install?
===============================
It installs a series of precompiled shared objects for
each of the Win32 Utils packages. It also installs an
"uninstall.exe" file if you ever want to remove these
packages.

In addition, it copies all of the generic "test.rb"
files into the ruby/samples directory for you to futz
with.

Do I need a compiler to use this?
No!

Where do I get it?
You can find it on the RAA or on the project home page
at http://www.rubyforge.org/projects/win32utils (scroll down a bit).

Enjoy!

The Win32 Utils Team