[ANN] win32utils-installer 0.0.2

Daniel Berger

Hi all,

The Win32 Utils Team is happy to announce the next release of the
Win32 Utils Installer.

Where's it at?
==============
You can get it from http://rubyforge.org/projects/win32utils/

What's new?
===========
The latest installer contains the following releases:

win32-changenotify 0.2.0
win32-clipboard 0.2.0
win32-etc 0.2.3
win32-event 0.3.0
win32-eventlog 0.2.2*
win32-file 0.2.2
win32-ipc 0.2.0
win32-mmap 0.1.0
win32-mutex 0.2.0
win32-pipe 0.1.1
win32-process 0.3.0
win32-semaphore 0.2.0
win32-service 0.4.4*
win32-sound 0.2.0
win32-taskscheduler 0.0.2

* Critical upgrades since last release

Prerequisites and other stuff
=============================
These packages now require Ruby 1.8.0 or later.

The uninstaller may give you the impression that it failed - it
probably didn't. You can always delete the shared objects manually in
the unlikely event of an actual failure.

If you are currently running a Windows Service that uses win32-service
(Instiki, for example), you should shut it down, install this package,
then restart your service. I don't think Windows will let you
overwrite service.so while in use.
An uninstall could fail for the same reason.

One of the packages, win32-process, requires the sys-proctable package
(http://ruby-sysutils.sf.net) in order to run the test suite.

The test suite for the win32-etc package may show failures if you do
not have permission to add users on your system.

Final thoughts
If you have any questions, concerns or comments please log them on the
Win32 Utils project page.

Enjoy!

The Win32 Utils Team