[ANNOUNCE] e4Graph 1.0a9

Discussion in 'Java' started by Jacob Levy, Sep 8, 2003.

  1. Jacob Levy

    Jacob Levy Guest

    I am pleased to announce the 1.0a9 release of e4Graph, the ninth Alpha
    release.

    WHAT IS IT:

    e4Graph is a C++ library that allows programs to store graph-like data
    persistently and to access and manipulate that data efficiently. With
    e4Graph, you can arrange your data in the most natural form that
    reflects the relationships between its parts, rather than having to
    force it into a table-like format. The e4Graph library also allows you
    to concentrate on the relationships you want to represent, and not on
    how to store them in a database. You can modify data items, and add and
    remove connections and relationships between pieces of data on the fly.
    e4Graph allows you to represent an unlimited number of different
    connections between pieces of data, and your program can selectively
    manipulate the data according to the relationships it cares about, not
    having to know about other connections represented in the data set. The
    e4Graph package also provides bindings in several other languages,
    currently Tcl, Python and Java, and allows input/output of object graphs
    via an XML representation.

    The e4Graph package is built on top of Metakit 2.4.9.2, and optionally
    uses Tcl 8.4.4, Python 2.2.3, Java 1.1 or later, and Expat 1.95.5.

    WHERE TO GET:

    Downloads: http://sourceforge.net/projects/e4graph/
    Homepage: http://www.e4graph.com/e4graph/
    Changelog: http://www.e4graph.com/e4graph/changes.txt
    Installation: http://www.e4graph.com/e4graph/e4install.html

    WHAT IS NEW:

    This release is mainly a bug-fix release. A bug in vertex caching that
    caused incorrect rank information to be returned was fixed. A bug in the
    parsing and generation of BASE64 encoded strings was also fixed. An
    installer bug that prevented installation of the Tcl package index file
    for the tgraph library was fixed.

    New APIs were added to retrieve the version number for the e4Graph
    library running now. Each storage now also contains the version number
    for the e4Graph library used to write it, and new APIs were added to
    retrieve that information.
    Jacob Levy, Sep 8, 2003

  2. Jacob Levy

    Steven Coco Guest

    No offense--and I am new--but;

    Are product announcements such as this tolerated on this list? --I find
    this to be noisy.

    Peace,
    Steev.

    Steven Coco, Sep 8, 2003

  3. On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 06:16:18 GMT, Steven Coco wrote:
    > No offense--and I am new--but;
    >
    > Are product announcements such as this tolerated on this list? --I
    > find this to be noisy.

    Then why did you include the entire announcement in your reply?

    I agree with your comment. The original post would at least have been
    on topic if the product had anything to do with java programming,
    although c.l.j.announce would have been a better place for it.

    /gordon

    Gordon Beaton, Sep 8, 2003
  4. Jacob Levy

    Chris Uppal Guest

    Gordon Beaton wrote:
    > I agree with your comment. The original post would at least have been
    > on topic if the product had anything to do with java programming,
    > although c.l.j.announce would have been a better place for it.

    I think the relevance is, from the OP:

    # The e4Graph package is built on top of Metakit 2.4.9.2, and optionally
    # uses Tcl 8.4.4, Python 2.2.3, Java 1.1 or later, and Expat 1.95.5.

    which, without having looked yet, I take to mean that Java bindings are
    available.

    BTW, assuming this to be the case, I have no problem with the post myself.

    -- chris
    Chris Uppal, Sep 8, 2003