    something where it looks as though the spaces in between the dashes are
    filled with white? It's really annoying and now it's going to prevent me
    from using that style...dammit!
    TheKeith, Jun 28, 2003

  2. TheKeith

    brucie Guest

    In post <>
    TheKeith said...

    > Has anyone else noticed this problem with CSS borders in internet exporer.
    > Whenever you use the "border-style:dashed" style, ie highlights it or
    > something where it looks as though the spaces in between the dashes are
    > filled with white?

    works fine for me. URI?

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 29/June/2003 07:36:50 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/
    brucie, Jun 28, 2003

  3. TheKeith

    TheKeith Guest

    well what I just noticed is that when I resize the window, those white
    things go away. What could it be? Could it just be something with my
    computer?

    TheKeith, Jun 28, 2003
  4. TheKeith

    brucie Guest

    In post <>
    TheKeith said...

    >>> Whenever you use the "border-style:dashed" style, ie highlights it or
    >>> something where it looks as though the spaces in between the dashes are
    >>> filled with white?

    >> works fine for me. URI?

    > well what I just noticed is that when I resize the window, those white
    > things go away. What could it be? Could it just be something with my
    > computer?

    i don't know. supply a URI to a page that exhibits the behavior.

    please don't toppost
    How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
    http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 29/June/2003 07:52:37 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/
    brucie, Jun 28, 2003
  5. TheKeith

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:45:00 -0400, "TheKeith" <> wrote:

    > well what I just noticed is that when I resize the window, those white
    > things go away. What could it be? Could it just be something with my
    > computer?

    Did you use Tippex on your screen? :)

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Jun 28, 2003
  6. TheKeith

    TheKeith Guest

    ?

    TheKeith, Jun 28, 2003
  7. TheKeith

    TheKeith Guest

    here is a screenshot:
    www.kworks.us/dottedborderproblem/ieprob-screenshot.gif

    TheKeith, Jun 28, 2003
  8. TheKeith

    brucie Guest

    In post <>
    TheKeith said...

    > http://www.kworks.us/dottedborderproblem/ -- if it works for you, then I
    > guess it's just a problem on my end.

    your html and css is very invalid. fix your errors. after fixing the
    errors and changing to a DTD to invoke "standards" mode the problem
    was still there and appears to be an issue with the absolute
    positioning. don't absolutely position the <div> or change the border
    to 2px.

    > I'm running the latest version of ie and winxp pro sp1

    sp2 is the latest IE release. run windows update.

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 29/June/2003 08:05:10 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/
    brucie, Jun 28, 2003
  9. TheKeith

    picayunish Guest

    When TheKeith was making a web page, a :-? appears and wrote:
    > "brucie" <> wrote in message
    >> In post <>
    >> TheKeith said...

    >>> well what I just noticed is that when I resize the window, those white
    >>> things go away. What could it be? Could it just be something with my
    >>> computer?

    >> i don't know. supply a URI to a page that exhibits the behavior.

    > http://www.kworks.us/dottedborderproblem/ -- if it works for you, then I
    > guess it's just a problem on my end. I'm running the latest version of ie
    > and winxp pro sp1

    You forgot putting a "#" by border-color. It must be border-color: #999999;
    Can also shorter border: 1px dashed #999;

    Use percentage or em for font size instead of fixed font size. Sothat the
    visitor can decide what kind of font size they like best to read.

    When finished the page validate it with http://validator.w3.org/ (for html)
    and with http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ (style sheet).
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart (Geen familie van....)
    http://www.semi-conductors.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
    picayunish, Jun 28, 2003
  10. TheKeith

    TheKeith Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > In post <>
    > TheKeith said...
    >
    > > http://www.kworks.us/dottedborderproblem/ -- if it works for you, then I
    > > guess it's just a problem on my end.

    > your html and css is very invalid. fix your errors. after fixing the
    > errors and changing to a DTD to invoke "standards" mode the problem
    > was still there and appears to be an issue with the absolute
    > positioning. don't absolutely position the <div> or change the border
    > to 2px.

    much appreciated. I actually discovered a workaround for the problem that
    seems to do the trick. I simply placed a clear 1x1 bg image and stretched it
    across the whole screen--works great. I'll post it up now--same address.

    TheKeith, Jun 28, 2003
  11. TheKeith

    TheKeith Guest

    "kathy painter" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.kworks.us/dottedborderproblem/
    > On Saturday June 28, 2003 "TheKeith" <> wrote in message

    white

    > My offer of advice is to take brucies advice, recheck your CSS and you

    might
    > find your answers. Since it appears you are unfamiliar with CSS, visit
    > http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ and paste your URL in the box, check

    for
    > "report all" vs. "normal" and you will find errors on your page.
    >
    > In addition, you need correct HTML code. Visit http://validator.w3.org/

    and
    > paste your URL in to test for correct validation. This page, too, will let
    > you know your errors.

    thanks I'll fix it--I was just really concerned about this problem in
    particular.

    > After these are fixed, my guess is your "white dashes" will appear
    > correctly.
    >
    > If this is a help, I'm happy. Something you should always remember to do

    is

    TheKeith, Jun 28, 2003
  12. TheKeith

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:11:22 -0400, "TheKeith" <> wrote:

    > "Sid Ismail" <> wrote in message
    > > On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:45:00 -0400, "TheKeith" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > well what I just noticed is that when I resize the window, those white
    > > > things go away. What could it be? Could it just be something with my
    > > > computer?

    > > Did you use Tippex on your screen? :)

    > ?

    That'll explain the white dashes, silly.

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Jun 29, 2003
  13. TheKeith

    Denise Enck Guest

    "Sid Ismail" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:11:22 -0400, "TheKeith" <> wrote:
    >

    > > "Sid Ismail" <> wrote in message

    white

    > > > Did you use Tippex on your screen? :)

    > > ?

    > That'll explain the white dashes, silly.
    >
    > Sid

    I think what he means is what the heck is Tippex?

    can you enlighten us?
    Denise Enck, Jun 29, 2003
  14. TheKeith

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:48:13 GMT, "Denise Enck"
    <> wrote:

    > I think what he means is what the heck is Tippex?
    >
    > can you enlighten us?

    Oh... correction fluid. Thought it was a universal product.

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Jun 29, 2003
  15. TheKeith

    picayunish Guest

    picayunish, Jun 29, 2003
  16. TheKeith

    Denise Enck Guest

    "Sid Ismail" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:48:13 GMT, "Denise Enck"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > I think what he means is what the heck is Tippex?
    > >
    > > can you enlighten us?

    > Oh... correction fluid. Thought it was a universal product.
    >
    > Sid

    aha! thanks for educationg me! around here we usually call it White-Out
    (another brand name).

    cheers ~
    Denise
    Denise Enck, Jun 30, 2003