annoying IE problem with dashed CSS borders

TheKeith

Has anyone else noticed this problem with CSS borders in internet exporer.
Whenever you use the "border-style:dashed" style, ie highlights it or
something where it looks as though the spaces in between the dashes are
filled with white? It's really annoying and now it's going to prevent me
from using that style...dammit!

brucie

Has anyone else noticed this problem with CSS borders in internet exporer.
Whenever you use the "border-style:dashed" style, ie highlights it or
something where it looks as though the spaces in between the dashes are
filled with white?

works fine for me. URI?

TheKeith

well what I just noticed is that when I resize the window, those white
things go away. What could it be? Could it just be something with my
computer?

Sid Ismail

well what I just noticed is that when I resize the window, those white
things go away. What could it be? Could it just be something with my
computer?

Did you use Tippex on your screen? :)

Sid

picayunish

When said:
http://www.kworks.us/dottedborderproblem/ -- if it works for you, then I
guess it's just a problem on my end. I'm running the latest version of ie
and winxp pro sp1

You forgot putting a "#" by border-color. It must be border-color: #999999;
Can also shorter border: 1px dashed #999;

Use percentage or em for font size instead of fixed font size. Sothat the
visitor can decide what kind of font size they like best to read.

When finished the page validate it with http://validator.w3.org/ (for html)
and with http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ (style sheet).
--
Edwin van der Vaart (Geen familie van....)
http://www.semi-conductors.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites

TheKeith

brucie said:
your html and css is very invalid. fix your errors. after fixing the
errors and changing to a DTD to invoke "standards" mode the problem
was still there and appears to be an issue with the absolute
positioning. don't absolutely position the <div> or change the border
to 2px.

much appreciated. I actually discovered a workaround for the problem that
seems to do the trick. I simply placed a clear 1x1 bg image and stretched it
across the whole screen--works great. I'll post it up now--same address.

TheKeith

kathy painter said:
http://www.kworks.us/dottedborderproblem/

My offer of advice is to take brucies advice, recheck your CSS and you might
find your answers. Since it appears you are unfamiliar with CSS, visit
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ and paste your URL in the box, check for
"report all" vs. "normal" and you will find errors on your page.

In addition, you need correct HTML code. Visit http://validator.w3.org/ and
paste your URL in to test for correct validation. This page, too, will let
you know your errors.

thanks I'll fix it--I was just really concerned about this problem in
particular.

Denise Enck

Sid Ismail said:
Oh... correction fluid. Thought it was a universal product.

Sid

aha! thanks for educationg me! around here we usually call it White-Out
(another brand name).

cheers ~
Denise