Anonymous

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by shapper, Nov 27, 2008.

  1. shapper

    shapper Guest

    Hello,

    I am trying to delete the anonymous user identifier and profile after
    he/she had registered. I tried:

    public void Profile_MigrateAnonymous(object sender,
    ProfileMigrateEventArgs e) {
    ProfileHelper anonymous = ProfileHelper.GetProfile
    (e.AnonymousID);
    ProfileHelper profile = ProfileHelper.GetProfile
    (e.Context.Profile.UserName);
    profile.Visitor = anonymous.Visitor;
    profile.Save();
    AnonymousIdentificationModule.ClearAnonymousIdentifier();
    }

    I am using ASP.NET MVC and this is not firing ...

    I also tried to apply the following:

    AnonymousIdentificationModule.ClearAnonymousIdentifier();

    On my controller but it says I can only apply this if the user is
    authenticated.

    My idea to solve this is when a user logins, check if there is an
    anonymous id and if yes then delete it ...

    Can I do this?

    How can I do it?

    I am a little bit lost on how to solve this problem ... I have been
    trying everything that comes to my mind but no success.

    Thanks,

    Miguel
    shapper, Nov 27, 2008