any decent FTP'S?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Chainsaw Charlie, Apr 14, 2004.

  1. The one i am using that came with the coffee cup html editor sucks.

    is there any decent ones out there?

    Chainsaw Charlie, Apr 14, 2004

    I recommend SmartFTP (http://smartftp.com)

    --
    David Håsäther

    David Håsäther, Apr 14, 2004

  3. Chainsaw Charlie

    Hywel Guest

    Hywel, Apr 14, 2004
  4. Chainsaw Charlie

    Poison Guest

    "Chainsaw Charlie" <> wrote in message
    > The one i am using that came with the coffee cup html editor sucks.
    >
    > is there any decent ones out there?

    FlashFXP, ws_ftp, wise ftp

    FlashFXP is my personal fav.

    ----
    www.jiltedgaming.co.uk

    Poison, Apr 14, 2004
  5. Chainsaw Charlie

    Richard Guest

    Chainsaw Charlie wrote:

    > The one i am using that came with the coffee cup html editor sucks.

    > is there any decent ones out there?

    "Leach ftp". Search for it as it is old and not being developed.
    Simple, drag and drop.

    Richard, Apr 14, 2004
  6. Chainsaw Charlie

    Hywel Guest

    Hywel, Apr 14, 2004
  7. Chainsaw Charlie

    Noozer Guest

    > The one i am using that came with the coffee cup html editor sucks.
    >
    > is there any decent ones out there?

    How about IE?

    Noozer, Apr 14, 2004
  8. Thanks for all your help guys.

    Chainsaw Charlie, Apr 14, 2004
  9. "Noozer" <> wrote in message

    > How about IE?

    I don't know. is it easy? i never tried it.

    Chainsaw Charlie, Apr 14, 2004
  10. Chainsaw Charlie

    brucie Guest

    brucie, Apr 14, 2004
  11. Toby A Inkster, Apr 14, 2004
  12. Chainsaw Charlie

    > "Noozer" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > How about IE?
    > >

    > I don't know. is it easy? i never tried it.

    type

    ftp://yourname.com or ftp:// and fill in the fields in
    the message box that comes up. If you can figure that bit out, its just like
    using folders in widows, just the same as copying folders/files from my
    documents to Program Files

    Poison, Apr 14, 2004
  13. Chainsaw Charlie

    Noozer Guest

    > "Noozer" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > How about IE?
    > >

    > I don't know. is it easy? i never tried it.

    Internet Explorer?

    Just use ftp://username:password@ftpserver and you should get a screen you
    can drag and drop into pretty much like a local drive.

    Noozer, Apr 14, 2004
  14. Chainsaw Charlie

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 23:43:03 +0100, Toby A Inkster
    <> wrote:

    : Chainsaw Charlie wrote:
    :
    : > is there any decent ones out there?
    :
    : I like WS_FTP and also ncftp.

    WS_FTP is great, FTP Explorer is also good.

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Apr 15, 2004
  15. Chainsaw Charlie

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <c5kf9f$53o$>,
    says...
    > ftp://yourname.com or ftp:// and fill in the fields in
    > the message box that comes up. If you can figure that bit out, its just like
    > using folders in widows, just the same as copying folders/files from my
    > documents to Program Files

    I knew I could do that, but never did. It is pretty simple. thanks for
    the reminder

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Apr 15, 2004
  16. Chainsaw Charlie wrote:

    > The one i am using that came with the coffee cup html editor sucks.

    > is there any decent ones out there?

    LeechFTP (freeware) is worth a look.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    The Ugliest Cars (mildly adult): http://snipurl.com/ugliest

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 15, 2004
  17. Poison wrote:

    > "Chainsaw Charlie" <> wrote in message

    >> "Noozer" <> wrote in message

    >> > How about IE?

    >> I don't know. is it easy? i never tried it.

    > type

    > ftp://yourname.com or ftp:// and fill in the fields in
    > the message box that comes up. If you can figure that bit out, its just like
    > using folders in widows, just the same as copying folders/files from my
    > documents to Program Files

    Will it allow you to do bookmarks for FTP servers? Can you cofigure settings
    per bookmark?

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 15, 2004
  18. Chainsaw Charlie

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    lid says...
    > Will it [IE] allow you to do bookmarks for FTP servers? Can you cofigure settings
    > per bookmark?

    Yes.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Apr 15, 2004
  19. Chainsaw Charlie

    Phil Guest

    "Noozer" <> wrote in message

    > "Chainsaw Charlie" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Noozer" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > How about IE?
    > > >

    > > I don't know. is it easy? i never tried it.

    > Internet Explorer?
    >
    > Just use ftp://username:password@ftpserver and you should get a screen you
    > can drag and drop into pretty much like a local drive.

    Just tried this and it says "Windows cannot access this folder"!

    Phil, Apr 15, 2004
  20. Chainsaw Charlie

    Poison Guest

    "Phil"

    > > > I don't know. is it easy? i never tried it.

    > > Internet Explorer?
    > >
    > > Just use ftp://username:password@ftpserver and you should get a screen

    you
    > > can drag and drop into pretty much like a local drive.
    > >

    > Just tried this and it says "Windows cannot access this folder"!

    Sounds like you need to set file and or folder permissions, depending on
    which control panel you have and whose server it is on, depends on how you
    do this.

    Poison, Apr 16, 2004