Any good FTP controls for ASP.NET 2.0?

David R.

I'm looking for a seamless FTP control to add to my web application.

Please advise.

Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
FTP in ASP.NET

Working with FTP in ASP.NET is a bit tricky - even using FtpWebRequest built-in in .NET 2.x.

ASP.NET live span is typically few (milli)seconds, but FTP session can take minutes. Moreover communication between user's web browser and ASP.NET page is state-less, but communication between ASP.NET server and FTP server is state-full.

See rebex.net website. They have sample FTP browser implemented in ASP.NET.