Any HTML Guru's available to look at this code?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by BAF, Jan 8, 2005.

  1. BAF

    BAF Guest

    Problem:

    Main site index file (a weblog) is a table layout with just two columns.
    Left (grey) column, and main blog blog (white) right column.

    Essentially the same index code is used on the same site for a separate
    photoblog.

    The alignment between the two cells of the main table aren't the same
    between the two pages. In the main site index page, the margins of the blog
    content in the white side of the table don't come close to the split between
    the two table cells. This is best seen in the alignment differences between
    the yellow-background date lines.

    KEEP IN MIND: The background graphic creates the false-colored table cells
    grey/white...so pay no attention to that for actual HTML measurements.

    ACK! I've just spent about 3 hours looking this over again and again...no
    avail. I'm guessing I'm overlooking something really stupid...can anyone
    help?

    Main site: http://www.blueroomlounge.com/index.php (note the blog margin
    nowhere near the actual split)
    Photoblog: http://www.blueroomlounge.com/index.html (lines up nicely; date
    bar and <hr> line are evenly split and line up well to the cell borders)
    BAF, Jan 8, 2005

  2. In article <bce92$41df7db4$cf67692b$>,
    says...
    > Problem:
    >
    > Main site index file (a weblog) is a table layout with just two columns.
    > Left (grey) column, and main blog blog (white) right column.
    >
    > Essentially the same index code is used on the same site for a separate
    > photoblog.
    >
    > The alignment between the two cells of the main table aren't the same
    > between the two pages. In the main site index page, the margins of the blog
    > content in the white side of the table don't come close to the split between
    > the two table cells. This is best seen in the alignment differences between
    > the yellow-background date lines.
    >
    > KEEP IN MIND: The background graphic creates the false-colored table cells
    > grey/white...so pay no attention to that for actual HTML measurements.
    >
    > ACK! I've just spent about 3 hours looking this over again and again...no
    > avail. I'm guessing I'm overlooking something really stupid...can anyone
    > help?
    >
    > Main site: http://www.blueroomlounge.com/index.php (note the blog margin
    > nowhere near the actual split)
    > Photoblog: http://www.blueroomlounge.com/index.html (lines up nicely; date
    > bar and <hr> line are evenly split and line up well to the cell borders)

    Perhaps you should fix the 146 mark-up errors first:

    http://tinyurl.com/4l55e

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.
    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 8, 2005

  3. BAF

    SpaceGirl Guest

    BAF wrote:
    > Problem:
    >
    > Main site index file (a weblog) is a table layout with just two columns.
    > Left (grey) column, and main blog blog (white) right column.
    >
    > Essentially the same index code is used on the same site for a separate
    > photoblog.
    >
    > The alignment between the two cells of the main table aren't the same
    > between the two pages. In the main site index page, the margins of the blog
    > content in the white side of the table don't come close to the split between
    > the two table cells. This is best seen in the alignment differences between
    > the yellow-background date lines.
    >
    > KEEP IN MIND: The background graphic creates the false-colored table cells
    > grey/white...so pay no attention to that for actual HTML measurements.
    >
    > ACK! I've just spent about 3 hours looking this over again and again...no
    > avail. I'm guessing I'm overlooking something really stupid...can anyone
    > help?
    >
    > Main site: http://www.blueroomlounge.com/index.php (note the blog margin
    > nowhere near the actual split)
    > Photoblog: http://www.blueroomlounge.com/index.html (lines up nicely; date
    > bar and <hr> line are evenly split and line up well to the cell borders)

    You MUST validate your code. Nobody will help you until you've at least
    tried to help yourself.

    use this:

    http://validator.w3.org/

    --