    Basically I'm looking for a telecom service product that can make telecom
    calls and relay a message to a human receipient who is then prompted for a
    response.
    davout, Nov 21, 2005

  2. davout

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 23:22:29 -0000, "davout"
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jtapi.html
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Nov 22, 2005

  3. Re: any open source Java products that handle automated telecomcalling?!?

    How do you intend to make the call ? Are you using a simple(voice) modem
    connected to a computer ? Will you be running your java program on a server
    with telephony capabilities?

    Look at XTAPI on sourceforge. It is a JTAPI provider implementation. I have
    tried it and it does not work most of the times on most of the modems :-(( .
    I have tried looking for good JTAPI provider implementations to run on top of
    a (voice) modem (open source or something cheap - $100 or so) and have not been
    able to find it. Dialogic (probably Intel now) had some cards with JTAPI
    provider implementations I believe.

    You might want to use TAPI and JNI . What about some APIs from Net2Phone or
    whatever it is that people use these days to make phone calls from a computer
    (yahoo IM ?).

    JavaPhone API and JTAPI Mobile might also be worth looking into. There are
    relatively cheap COM components out there that might do your job though.

    Abhijat

    Abhijat Vatsyayan, Nov 22, 2005
  4. davout

    davout Guest

    Re: any open source Java products that handle automated telecom calling?!?

    > How do you intend to make the call ? Are you using a simple(voice) modem
    > connected to a computer ? Will you be running your java program on a
    > server
    > with telephony capabilities?

    No idea - I'm a complete beginner to this area. Initially something cheap
    and easy - a modem or something I can hook up to my local home test server.
    davout, Nov 23, 2005