    report all occurences of response.redirect (in the present scenario) among
    all those fifty asp pages? If there is one I would like to know. Thanks in
    advance. Regards.

    Jack, Sep 14, 2005

  2. Jack

    Elmo Watson Guest

    ASP Express has a global search - even a global search and replace, if
    needed, searching all files in a given directory structure, for specific
    strings -
    It then gives a report at the end, listing all pages with that string
    included in them.

    Is this what you're after?

    David Wier
    http://aspexpress.com

    Elmo Watson, Sep 14, 2005

  3. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Re: Any tool in ASP to find out occurrence of a certain word or wo

    Thanks Elmo,
    This is the kind of product I am looking for. I will go to their site and
    check out their product. Regards.

    Jack, Sep 14, 2005
  4. Jack

    David Morgan Guest

    Err.. Visual Interdev

    I use UltraEdit32. It is awesome, let's you search and replace special
    characters like new line, tab etc. It also has column mode which works with
    columns of text in the same way notepad works with lines of text, (for
    deleting and inserting etc).

    David Morgan, Sep 14, 2005
  5. Jack

    Mr Beaton Guest

    Hey,

    >>> I am maintaining quite a few asp applications. In one of those, I have
    >>> change the response.redirect to a particular page. This application has
    >>> more
    >>> than fifty asp pages. Instead of going through manually through each
    >>> page to find the response.redirect phrase, is there any tool that will
    >>> find and
    >>> report all occurences of response.redirect (in the present scenario)
    >>> among all those fifty asp pages? If there is one I would like to know.

    > I use UltraEdit32. It is awesome, let's you search and replace special
    > characters like new line, tab etc. It also has column mode which works
    > with columns of text in the same way notepad works with lines of text,
    > (for deleting and inserting etc).

    >> ASP Express has a global search - even a global search and replace, if
    >> needed, searching all files in a given directory structure, for specific
    >> strings -
    >> It then gives a report at the end, listing all pages with that string
    >> included in them.

    Believe it or not, good ole' FrontPage has built in functionality that
    allows for search (and replace, if needed) on a page bases, open pages
    basis, selected pages, or all pages in site basis. It even allows you to use
    RegExp's, which makes it a powerful function. I particularly love the
    concept of "search all open pages" and "search selected pages", as that
    eases the process of limiting the search to a set of pages.

    //Leif Beaton

    Mr Beaton, Sep 15, 2005
  6. Jack

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    Just about any text editor, except maybe NotePad will do this.

    www.editplus.com is my favorite.

    Bob Lehmann

    Bob Lehmann, Sep 15, 2005
  7. Jack

    Guest

    I use the grep filter function of TextPipe Pro, which I use for all my
    web site mass-editing. It's a stream editor with a GUI interface. -
    www.datamystic.com

    , Sep 15, 2005
  8. Jack wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am maintaining quite a few asp applications. In one of those, I have to
    > change the response.redirect to a particular page. This application has more
    > than fifty asp pages. Instead of going through manually through each page to
    > find the response.redirect phrase, is there any tool that will find and
    > report all occurences of response.redirect (in the present scenario) among
    > all those fifty asp pages? If there is one I would like to know. Thanks in
    > advance. Regards.

    Use a command window:
    for %v in (*.asp) do find/I "response.redirect" %v >> listfile.dat

    The above loops through all files of form *.asp. For each it does a
    case-insensitive search (/I) for the string "response.redirect". The
    output of the search is appended to listfile.dat.

    Look up help for the for and find commands with
    find/?
    for/?

    Michael D. Kersey, Sep 15, 2005
  9. Jack

    Guest

    >I use the grep filter function of TextPipe Pro

    The Zeus for Windows editor has a built in grep utility:

    http://www.zeusedit.com

    Note: Zeus is shareware (45 day trial).

    Jussi Jumppanen
    Author: Zeus for Windows