Any tool in ASP to find out occurrence of a certain word or words

Jack

Hi,
I am maintaining quite a few asp applications. In one of those, I have to
change the response.redirect to a particular page. This application has more
than fifty asp pages. Instead of going through manually through each page to
find the response.redirect phrase, is there any tool that will find and
report all occurences of response.redirect (in the present scenario) among
all those fifty asp pages? If there is one I would like to know. Thanks in
advance. Regards.

Elmo Watson

ASP Express has a global search - even a global search and replace, if
needed, searching all files in a given directory structure, for specific
strings -
It then gives a report at the end, listing all pages with that string
included in them.

Is this what you're after?

David Wier
http://aspexpress.com

Jack

Thanks Elmo,
This is the kind of product I am looking for. I will go to their site and
check out their product. Regards.

David Morgan

Err.. Visual Interdev

I use UltraEdit32. It is awesome, let's you search and replace special
characters like new line, tab etc. It also has column mode which works with
columns of text in the same way notepad works with lines of text, (for
deleting and inserting etc).

Mr Beaton

Hey,
I use UltraEdit32. It is awesome, let's you search and replace special
characters like new line, tab etc. It also has column mode which works
with columns of text in the same way notepad works with lines of text,
(for deleting and inserting etc).

Believe it or not, good ole' FrontPage has built in functionality that
allows for search (and replace, if needed) on a page bases, open pages
basis, selected pages, or all pages in site basis. It even allows you to use
RegExp's, which makes it a powerful function. I particularly love the
concept of "search all open pages" and "search selected pages", as that
eases the process of limiting the search to a set of pages.

//Leif Beaton

Michael D. Kersey

Jack said:
Hi,
I am maintaining quite a few asp applications. In one of those, I have to
change the response.redirect to a particular page. This application has more
than fifty asp pages. Instead of going through manually through each page to
find the response.redirect phrase, is there any tool that will find and
report all occurences of response.redirect (in the present scenario) among
all those fifty asp pages? If there is one I would like to know. Thanks in
advance. Regards.

Use a command window:
for %v in (*.asp) do find/I "response.redirect" %v >> listfile.dat

The above loops through all files of form *.asp. For each it does a
case-insensitive search (/I) for the string "response.redirect". The
output of the search is appended to listfile.dat.

Look up help for the for and find commands with
find/?
for/?

jussij

I use the grep filter function of TextPipe Pro

The Zeus for Windows editor has a built in grep utility:

http://www.zeusedit.com

Note: Zeus is shareware (45 day trial).

Jussi Jumppanen
Author: Zeus for Windows